Thirty-Three

Narrator::

~2 Days Later~

It was last event Aaliyah had to appear at for the company. It was going to be the last day where she didn't have to look over her shoulder every second.
In the last two days there has been no email or text from this person who calls themselves a "close friend."
Aaliyah was still trying to figure out who out of her friends it could be, but she would always end up with Jay in the end. Her gut said it wasn't him and she kept telling herself to trust herself. With that being said, she called her mom and told her to keep an eye out for Jay. Just to make sure that he was physically in California.

The other friend in mind could be Lana. Aaliyah was good friends with her until she was caught kissing up on Jay by Aaliyah. Although Aaliyah knows how Lana's personality is, she really doesn't see her as the person to sabotage her life. Forget it Deja wasn't even in the question anymore because Aaliyah fully trusted her with her life. There were other friends that she had, but they are either traveling or just don't talk to eachr other anymore.

>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<

As Aaliyah stood up at a table looking around at all the CEOs, co-CEOs and assistants talking amongst each other, she waited patiently with a hint of awareness.
A text from Austin popped up on her phone, making her feel safe for a moment.

"Have a great time, See you tonight!"
It read, she smiled and wasn't aware the event started.
"Put your phone away." Someone leaned over and whispered in her ear. "Sorry." She turned her phone off before she could reply to Austin.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<

Austin was having dinner with his brother, Alex. They decided to make sure they try and spend time with each other at least once a week. Neither one of them wanted to lose one another again, no matter what happens.
"Anymore news on guy that's been emailing Aaliyah?" Alex asked, Austin shook his head. "Nothing...He hasn't sent anything since Tuesday."
"Alex I'm not sure what to do. I've never been in this type of situation. How do I comfort her without making her feel worried about her life?" Alex shrugged, he wasn't too sure how to answer Austin's question.

"You do whatever you think is right." Alex patted Austin's back. "Just remember you got a girl that loves you and you love her."
Austin nodded. "I just want to protect her."
Alex knew in that moment that his brother really did care for Aaliyah. Nothing in the world could possibly change that feeling that Austin has for her.
What Austin did next was something that he'd never thought he'd do ever.

"I'm going to text him back." Austin said staring at his phone. "Bro, I don't think that's a good idea." Alex tried to take his phone, but Austin yanked it back away from him.
"This can help me figure out who this guy is! Maybe I can protect her this way."
"I stil-" Alex was cut off by Austin, "I thought you said that, whatever I think is right for the situation."
Alex slowly nodded and let his brother be. "I still think that you shouldn't contact him."
"Well I am Alex" Austin tapped in the message icon, scrolled down to the unknown number and messaged him.

Austin
Who are you?

"This doesn't feel right Austin." Alex looked at his brother with fear in his eyes. "Whatever happens in these next few moments is on me."
Alex shook his head, "I'll be by your side to witness what's about to go down."
"Thank you." Austin nodded. "While we wait, let's finish our food I guess."
Both boys began eating again and when they were half way done with their food, Austin's phone lit up.

>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<

May 10, 2018
Words: 646
Sooo
The next chapter will have the conversation in text form. Giving you a warning now, just in case some get confused!

Tell me what you thought or think is going to happen!!
And don't forget to vote for the chapter!

P.S. Sorry this was a short chapter, I wanted to save the good stuff for a longer chapter :)