Three

Narrator::

"Can sit here?" A boy with dark brown hair asks as he rests his arm on the counter. Aaliyah looks up into his green eyes, "Yeah go ahead."
The boy takes a seat, ordering a cold beer. "You here alone?" He asks, taking a sip of his beverage."Yeah, I needed a break from work." She smiled, then took a sip of her Manhattan.
"Stressful day?" He turned his body, so he was facing her. Aaliyah turned her head, "More like a stressful month." She let out a little laugh. "I hope it gets better for you." He grinned.
"Thanks, I'm Aaliyah by the way." She smiled at the boy, who then smiled back, showing off his white teeth. "I'm Austin"

"Nice too meet you." Aaliyah took the last swig of her drink and smiled. She started to stand up from her seat at the bar. Austin never shifted his eyes away from Aaliyah, "It was nice too meet you too. One more thing." Austin stood up along with her. "What's up?" Aaliyah faced him clutching her clutch with all the strength she had. "I don't meet girls like you all the time, I mean this in the nicest way. I'm not really good at being smooth with my talking." Austin chuckled running his hand through his dark brown hair.

Aaliyah giggled as he was having trouble with his sentencing. "I think you're doing great so far." She gently smiled at him, then he continued with what he was going to say. "Anyway what I am trying to say is, can I have your number? Because I might want to see you again." Austin let out an uneven breath, then flashed a smile. Aaliyah was flattered by his request, "Might?" She laughed a little. "Okay, I would like to see you again."

"Well, I guess you can see me again." Aaliyah set her clutch on the bar and waited for Austin to give her his phone to put her number in. Handing Aaliyah his black iPhone, she quickly put in her number and handed it back to him. "You can call me right now, just in case you think I gave you a fake number." She said as she placed her hand back on her clutch. "I believe that you put your number in." Austin smirked.

"Well I should be going. I gotta go back to work in the morning." Aaliyah waved back at him and walked out the Zinc Bar more confident as ever. Austin watched her as she exited the bar, until she departed in the taxi. On Aaliyah's way home all she could think about is that she met someone new and didn't say anything stupid to scare them away. Inside the cab she took off her black glittery pumps and held them in her lap, staring out the window as the city zoomed past her.

Taking out her keys to the apartment her phone buzzed, making her stop in her tracks and took her phone out.

Unknown number: "Just making sure this isn't a fake number ;)"

Aaliyah: "You got the right one"

Unknown number: "Good, have a nice day at work tomorrow"

Aaliyah: "Thank you, I will make sure I do"

Unlocking her apartment door, placing her keys on the counter, then walking to her room where she removed her little black dress and placed her shoes back up in her tiny closet. Aaliyah did her nightly routine, by going into her bathroom did her business, removed the makeup and sweat from the night off her skin. A hot shower followed after, dressed herself in her night wear, conditioned her hair and placed her silk bonnet on top to keep the moisture contained over night.

To finish up her night she laid in bed and watched a movie, along with going on her work phone and see if she missed anything. She was surprised that Damon Dash kept his word on not sending her any emails what so ever. She was looking forward to actually going to work tomorrow, this night changed her whole demeanor probably for the next couple of days, but only time can tell.

Aaliyah set an alarm for 5:30 in the morning and then placed both of her phones onto their charger, that was by her nightstand. She then, rested her head against her pillow and drifted off into a deep sleep with nothing, but good thoughts going through her mind.

-••••••-

Words: 734
November 13, 2016

I know that this one was short, it was meant to be short. The only chapters that will ever be long will be the character's point of view. Whenever it says "Narrator" at the beginning of the story just know that it probably won't ever be as long as 800+ words.

If you are enjoying the story please let me know by commenting and voting on my story, it would mean a lot to me. Next chapter will be up soon don't forget to follow me on twitter @GrandeBieberW where we can talk to each other about the story and what not.
🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂