●Chapter 1● Offer

{CHRYS POV}

After saying goodbye to Appa and Omma, that's when I see her.

"LIANAAAAAAAA~" I scream.
My best friend.

As soon as I walk out my front door, she's right there waiting for me like she does everyday so we can walk to school together. Oh yeah that's right! Liana and I live in the same neighborhood too, that's why we always walk together.

"So, Chrys. What're you doing after school today?"

"Remember what I said before? After school I have to go over to Phoung and Selena's house. We need to practice our dance cover for YouTube."

"Damn it, again???:("

"I mean, if only you got into kpop like the rest of us, it'd be a lot easier to hang out with each other after school. I mean you know everyone in the group already, but you don't listen to kpop or anything so you wouldn't really be able to do anything there... You see, this is why I told you from the start, you should start listening to kpop, but you wouldn't listennnn~"

"Yeah yeah, I know I know. You tell me this all the time. But what can I do? I just don't find much interest in them when I tried to listen to some songs last time, I couldn't really get into it."

"Well that's because you pay attention too much to the fact that you can't understand them. Pay attention to the music more and the fact that you don't know what they're saying will just slowly fade away and you won't even know it. Eventually you'll end up being able to understand a little bit of Korean too, if you try."

"That's too much work!" Liana yells, causing some people to look at us confusedly as we're almost to the school.

"Aish! My ears, ugh arasseo arasseo. Whatever. Just stop yelling, people are looking."

Liana understands some small words in Korean from being best friends with me for so long, so when I say "arasseo", she know what I'm saying.

As we get to the school, Liana and I begin to split ways since out schedules are completely different. This year, we literally have no classes together whatsoever. It's so irritating. Why can't I just have a class with her so I can spend as much time as I want being with her? JUST LEMME SEE MY WITTLE OSTRICH, MAN!!
Ostrich is the nickname I have for her. Well really, the whole group has the nickname Bird for her, but ostrich is more specific, so I call her my wittle ostrich:)

My first destination, just like any other day, I head to home room. In my home room I have Cheonsa, Phoung, and Katesana with me.

{LOUD SPEAKER}
"Can Chrys Chan, Cheonsa Jung, Peyton Sysovanh, Katesana Sysovanh, Selena Sysovanh, Areum Lovan and Jenny Nguyen come to my office please" ~Principle Sanders

Everyone in class begins to look at Cheonsa, Peyton, Katesana, and I with judgemental eyes.

"Ouuuu, I wonder what the koreaboos did to get called to the principles office."
"Ohhhh~ looks like the koreaboos finally did something wrong"

All those comments didn't get to me that much, being called a koreaboo... it didn't effect me like It used to. All those years of being called a koreaboo... I'm fine with it now, because I know I am.