46 - Shadow

A/N: Credit for the gif goes to the rightful owners of the gif

"Hey. Let's go to the class," Daniel said as he grabbed my hand, waking me up from my deep thoughts of Jojo.

I felt bad for Jojo when I saw how her mom treated her. There she was, asking for help after being dragged forcefully by her mom. And here I am being poured with so much love by two moms. One of them even wanna put me inside her pocket to protect me.

"Thank you moms. I love you both," I said in my mind.

In the classroom

"Good morning guys. I apologize for the scene that you have to witness first thing in the morning. I wanted to settle it quietly, but since you guys already know about it anyway, I'm just gonna use it as a reminder," the principal said after she got into our class.

Jojo and the girls who used to help her bullied me were nowhere to be seen. I wondered if what happened to Jojo also happened to those girls.

"This school doesn't tolerate bullying, AT ALL. So if bullying is something that you do, I strongly suggest that you stop it, NOW. Because if you don't, I'm.going.to.find.you. I'm gonna hunt you down, no matter who you are. I don't care whether your parents are filthy rich or whatever, I ain't give no fuck. All I care is my students and their wellbeing," she warned as she was looking at us one by one right in the eyes.

Everyone gulped in fright before they looked down.

"And if you're a victim, please, be brave to stand up for yourself, and of course, speak up, tell me who the jerk is. I'm gonna make sure that justice is served," she assured as she clenched her hand up in the air.

"So what happened to Jojo?" one clueless fella asked.

"That's none of your business, buddy. Your only business here is just to study hard and make sure that you behave well. Got it?" she asked as she looked at that person in the eyes.

"Y-y-yes, Mam," the clueless fella stuttered.

"Any other question?" she asked as she smiled.

Everyone shook their heads, totally terrified.

"Good. You may resume the class. Thank you. And I'm sorry for my language. I had a rough morning," she said to the teacher.

"Those richies who think that they could get away with anything with their money could stuff their bills down their throat then choked to die and go rot in hell. I don't know about the world, but it doesn't work here. Not in my school ...," she mumbled to herself until she left the classroom.

A w k w a r d

"Look kids. She's not in a good mood right now, and neither do I. So please behave, alright? And please, if you're a bully, just stop it guys. It's ridiculous. Life is so hard already as it is, why would you wanna make it worse? Just stop it, okay? Hhh. Alright, let's move on," the teacher said breaking the awkward silence.

During PE class later that day

"Are you okay, (y/n)?" Guanlin asked when we brought a whole stacks of basketballs from the field to the storage room.

"Hum? Yeah," I replied lightly.

I was fine, but I was still bothered by what happened earlier. I couldn't shake Jojo's face off my mind. That bitch was still bugging me even when she's not physically present in front of me.

"Geez. Even her shadow is refusing to let me live peacefully," I sighed in my mind.

"I'm gonna get the rest. I'll be right back," he said before he left me in the storage room.

I was busy sorting the balls when ...

CLANK

"Who's there?" I asked as I turned around when I heard something dropped on the floor.

No one answered.

I went to the source of the sound, and I found an empty can laying on the ground still slightly moving near the back door.

I saw my surroundings but there was no one there. But somehow I could feel that someone was there.

"Aha!" I said as I squatted while peeking under a stack of old desk.

I saw a white pale skin girl with a long black hair was hugging her legs tightly, and planting her head deeply between her chest and legs, as she was trembling badly. It's Jojo, or probably her shadow, anyway, it's her.

Oh. How do I know it's Jojo?

Easy. Because there's no one else in the school who has a skin that pale and a black hair that long, other than her. And she's the only one who could fit under the tiny desk like that. Told you being tiny has its own perks. Besides, she's wearing the same outfit that she wore earlier. So no rocket science.

"What are you doing here?" I asked confused.

"Help me," Jojo begged just like how she did earlier as she grabbed my hand tightly.

"Are you okay? Why ...," I asked panic when I felt her hand was cold.

Then she suddenly gasped

I shook her body worriedly when she froze with her eyes widened, as she looked at pass by me. But then I saw a big bulky shadow was coming from behind me.

The next thing I know, I was already being muffled from behind with a handkerchief and probably some sedative in it, because I quickly lost my conscious before I could see who it was.

Hrgh. Me with trouble, seriously. We need to break up one day 🤦🏻‍♀️