The Alpha

// Owen's POV //

"Good to meet you guys!" The nerdy virgin boys, friends of Joe's and Sophie's; this is who I gotta hang out with for the next six months? Kill me. I got general greetings from them, Pete, Z, Lenny, Tom; can't believe I can actually remember all their names. Gee Sophie is still the same delicious babe I always knew, but her standards have really lowered!

I was getting good receptions from them all, talking about the sports situation at the college, and sharing stories with the crew about my time at previous schools and crazy nights out. Something for these loser's to feed on, some excitement.

"...Yeah so then I'm being chased by these bikey guys, I'm drunk as hell practically tripping over my own feet - then Soph calls out my name from the entrance to this club - didn't you Sophie?" The kids are laughing all throughout my story, Sophie seems uncomfortable, but she's not who I need to please right now. "I somehow managed to stagger over to her, we pass the security guard - didn't even need those fake ID's  we stole - escaped the gangsta's and the $2000 bottle of gin was never spoken of again - well, until this night aye?" I have these boys in the palm of my hand already. I'm practically a God to them with all the cool shit I've done, while they sit inside playing computer games and ogling at nudies of Soph.

// Joe //

What a dick. Absolute bloody dick head. Dick dick dick for brains.

What did Sophie see in this guy? How did she ever go out with him? He brags, he smiles at the boys and reels them in, the type of eyes that can control the weak minded; unfortunately, this is most of my group when it comes to seemingly cool Alphas like Owen.

Owen walks the halls every day as if he owns them. He talks to every single guy even if he's never met them before, what a prick... okay maybe that's a nice thing and I'm overreacting a tad... but still! There's something about him I just can't put my finger on. Maybe it's that he insists on hanging out with Sophie without me... okay he doesn't insist, Sophie hangs out with him like any other normal friend...

I am jealous! Okay? Satisfied? He is huge! So freaking muscly, and tall, and bronze and I'm not any of those things! I'm not short, not a complete twig, but Owen's practically a Greek god compared to me.

A past ex is never a good thing.

// Owen //

Well, I suppose I'm sitting next to Positano-the-girlfriend-stealer for all of my history classes.

"How's it going Positano?"

"Yeah alright, 'Sutherland'" There's bite to his voice, interesting.

"Not a fan of the last name?"

"I like my name, it's just, usually, my closest friends call me by it, only them."

"But, aren't we good friends Positano?" I shake him across his puny shoulders. "Come on now, it's been a whole two weeks since I got here...  I think Positano is staying, aye?"

"Whatever you say, Owen." 

Soon a bigger group of boys come to join our table, I'm quite the people pleaser. Joe's jaw clenches tighter as the boys make more of a raucous and the useless teacher fails to keep the room controlled.

"You alright Positano?"

"I'm better working in a quiet place, that's all." He's hunched over his work.

"Well, I guess this will just be a good chance for you to try something different, widen your horizons, huh?"

Maybe I'll enjoy history class after all.

~~~~~

Yeah so, this book was dead. Hopefully, I keep up chapters often enough, sorry fam.
Reopened the story tonight and gave it a full read to refresh myself, hopefully, I can deliver some good content for you lovelies:)

Please vote and comment xoxo