Special

// Joe's POV

Sophie looks freaking beautiful. I know, she looks great all the time but tonight she put on that sweet smelling perfume she has and had this shiny pink lip gloss that smelt faintly of strawberries. Wearing this adorable, short navy blue dress and a jacket that made me just want to cuddle her. When she bit her lip and looked up at all me, I could tell I was blushing.

"I'm sorry we have to walk, I thought I had a ride but it fell through." I was so embarrassed, I wanted to treat her tonight.

"No! It's totally fine!" Sophie was totally blissful tonight, easygoing as usual. She took my hand as we walked, she did it so casually, I prayed my hand wouldn't start sweating.

"So what're we seeing?"

We arrived at the old school cinema, "It's a surprise, I'll get the tickets, wait here."

"I'm sorry there are only seats available to Retirement Day left, it's a comedy about retired women."

"Ummm," Shit what am I meant to do?! "Okay two tickets to that one."

"So, what're we watching?"

"Uh well, there was only one movie available I'm really sorry, it's some comedy about old people I don't know."

She laughed, "All good I'm sure it'll be okay."

We got half an hour into the movie, I looked over at Sophie, she looked and at me, and we both started to laugh like crazy. "Let's go." I grabbed her hand and we ran out of the cinema.

Sophie continued to roll over laughing.
"Are you alright?" I said with a confused laugh.

"Yeah, I'm great!" She held onto me for support. "Ice cream?"

"Great idea."

We went around the corner to Ben & Jerry's, Sophie got a scoop of Phish Food and I got my classic Cookie Affair. We sat together on a bench, over looking a quiet park.

"Tonight's been fun."

"Are you kidding? It was a total fail!" I protested.

"No way! I got to spend time with you, we got to see 30 minutes of an 11/10, top quality movie and now ice cream- my favourite." Sophie leaned in my shoulder.

"I guess it wasn't too bad then."

There was a moment of silence when suddenly the stupidest words popped out of my mouth, with the light of the moon shining on her bright green eyes and her hair swept back I couldn't help it, "Can I kiss you?" Who the hell asks to kiss a girl!? I may as well leave now.

Sophie giggled and hid her face. "Do you always ask girls for permission before you kiss 'em?" She leaned in to me, I could see every little detail of her beautiful face. "You could've done this ages ago."

The warmest, most mind blowing, heart warming kiss flooded my brain with feelings I'd never had before. This girl could kiss! I held her head with one hand and found her hand in the other. Sophie pulled away and looked down, was she embarrassed?

I tilted her head up with a finger and gained eye contact, "What's wrong, Soph?"

"Nothing, it's just different - special."

I planted a soft kiss on her forehead, hugged, and we started to walk back home.

//

I can't believe how this boy was making me feel, "Whats wrong Soph?" I continued to fit his hand into mine like a perfect puzzle piece.

"Nothing, it's just different - special."
He was special, he made me feel special? How is this even real?

Joey pulled me into and warm embrace and then led me home.

~~~~~

Thank you for reading the twelfth chapter! Please leave any recommendations for what you'd like to see in the next chapters, they might end up in the story! Please vote and comment Xoxo continue reading, new chapter out soon!