Midnight Cries

I woke suddenly, breathing heavily, I sat up. I'd been dreaming, well it was more of a nightmare, of crowds of people pointing and laughing at me, boys asking me to strip and I tried to run away but they always got closer and closer.

I started to cry, I felt so ashamed of myself, so weak.

"Sophie?" I heard Joey's croaky morning voice. I immediately went silent. "Sophie I know you're up." He said as he got out of his bed and kneeled next to mine.

"I can't talk right now." I tried to hide my face from him behind my hands, but instead he took mine in his large, warm ones. He saw my red, blotchy face, wet with tears.

I made my best effort to sit up, Joe came and sat next to me, holding me without permission, but honestly it was what I needed so I had no objections.

"What's going on? You can tell me, you can trust me."

I looked up at the brunette boy, his eyes shining even in the dark, the bright moon the only light coming through the window. I decided to trust him.

"It's just been a tough day, with everyone looking at me, and I have to be so strong for my dad and act like everything is fine, but it isn't. I'm sorry you don't need to hear this, you don't need to care about it." I struggled through my tears.

"Sophie please, of course I care, promise me that if anyone bothers you, you come to me first alright? You can talk to me any time, any place, I'm here for you. What you have to go through is unfair for you but I'll help get you through it- and the other guys as well of course." He looked me in the eyes, and kissed my forehead. I looked at him confused, not in a mad way, the kiss warmed me, I needed affection, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to, I won't do that again if you don't want me to-"

"It's okay, I'm going to go back to sleep. Thank you." I hugged the boy tightly again, closing my eyes, let him go back to his bed and fell back in to mine.

I started to think to myself, I need to be stronger than this, I will make an effort to be more confident and bold. Sort of unlike me but I'll do my best.

~~~~~

Thank you for reading the third chapter! Short but sweet. I'm kinda new to this so please leave any recommendations for what you'd like to see in the next chapters, they might end up in the story! Please vote and comment Xoxo continue reading, new chapter out very soon!