Ch 23

Mat and I waited for Avan on where we're supposed to meet. Tch, I really wanna slap him so hard for betraying my trust.

"Monica? Mat? You said you wanted to-" I cut Avan off with a slap. He sent me an innocent, confused, and worried look all at once. "M-Monica?"

"Thank you for slipping away my trust. Go have fun with your new girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?"

"Yea, after what I've heard from you guys last night on the phone."

"N-No! Wait, Monica! It was a misunderstanding! I..." Before he could finish, I stormed away, couldn't handle this situation any longer. Mat, on the other hand, gave him a death glare. "You weren't supposed to do that to Monica. I won't forgive you for doing that to her." He punched Avan in the stomach. He fell to the ground with a loud thump. Mat quickly chased after me. 

"Monica? Monica, you here?" Of course I'm here, but I don't feel like showing myself to him, showing myself to anybody. I'm terribly hurt and I just wanna be alone. I tried my best not to make a sound while crying. 

"Monica..." I heard his voice clearly. I squinted my eyes and lifted my head up. It was him, gazing at me, analyzing me, and we were a few inches apart. The surroundings were silent, no animal noises, nothing at all. It was peaceful. Fireflies began to come near us. My, they were beautiful.

"Monica?" he said, interrupting the silence. "You should know that I lo-...I'll be always here for you, no matter what. I can help you get through all of this." My heart beated faster and faster as he kept on saying such things. "Just promise me that you'll never hate me. You're a part of my life. Promise me that?" he lifted my chin up, putting my bangs aside. "And you promise me that you'll never leave me." Mat shut his eyes and closed the gap between us. The place, along with the perfect breeze and scent, made everything amazing. In the forest, just me and Mat.