Ch 4

The week passed and it's finally back to school. I dressed up on anything presentable, and darted through the garage to take my bike.

I was thrilled to see my friends, for I didn't see them for quite a long time. "Omg! Monica!" Rachel called. She cheerfully dashed towards me to offer a hug. I grinned and hugged back. "Hey! Long time no see, Rachel." I greeted, acting cool.

"Monica!" a female voice called. I looked back and saw a girl running, as if she was after me, which is half true. I gave her a puzzled face. "Hi?" I said, although I'm not quite sure how to respond.

"Mat is walking on the hallway, he said he was looking all over for you." said the stranger.

I

Just

Got

Speechless.

For a second or two, my expression was...undefined in a way. I paused, thinking of my next move.

"I-I'm...going to...find him, and talk to him maybe, about...stuff..." I slowly walked away and searched for him. I looked at every hallway, but still no luck. Ten minutes have passed, and I completely wandered throughout the school.

"Ugh! I give up!" I exclaimed with a sigh. I put both hands in my scalp and poured all my anger out. I turned around and tripped on someone, but surprisingly he caught me.

"Ah! Watch it, jerk!" I looked up and my eyes widened. The guy was Mat. We analyzed our misty eyes and I pulled away. I dusted my clothes and began to speak.

"W-why are you here?" I asked, face reddening a little.

"Why are you here?" he shrugged. 

"I..." I looked down and shuffled my feet. "I was just curious because someone said that you were looking for me...and I just..."

Mat took a step forward and cleared the strands of hair from my face and smirked, a playful-like one. "Why do you want to see me anyways?" I asked. "Well, I met Claire at school. It was a coincidence that I saw her walkin' down the isle. She bumped into me, apparently and I remembered you. So...I thought I could hang out with you..." he responded, although he has a friendzoned expression, which made me sigh.

"I don't like him. I don't like him." I mentally chant in my head. 

"Monica?"

I snapped out of my chanting and came back to reality. "Yes?" "I said that I wanna hang out with you." he said. I nod "I mean, really, it's fine with me. Where do you wanna go after school?"

"A place that we're going to have fun."