Ch 12

I desperately ran after him, leaving Avan alone. "M-Monica! Wait!" I didn't mind about his cries. All that matters to me is to search for Mat. "Mat!" I called. "Mat..."

I've searched everywhere. I always attempt to find him, every time. "I give up." I told myself. I turned away and walked home, since it was just a few blocks away.

I plopped down my bed, thinking on how to fix this huge problem. I don't know what Mat would react after that incident.

"Do you have to think about Mat every second of your life?!"

Those words Avan said... I guess he's right. Why do I even need Mat to be part of my life. Plus, I'm not that kind of girl that barges in someone else's relationship, especially if they're my friends. "Avan..." I murmured, tilting my head. I touched my lips, remembering my first kiss with him, and not Mat. The childhood memories with Avan and me flash back.

"Avan!" the 10 year old me called. The young kid, Avan, dashed across the park road to see me, excited than ever. It has been 4 years since we haven't see each other. "Mica!" he called back, waving his arms from a distance. That day was something to treasure. When he reached me, I gave a big smile. He did the same. I couldn't help but cry tears of joy. Avan chuckled and hugged me tightly. "I can't believe we're going to be together again..." he softly whispered in my ear. I blushed. "Hey. Will you promise me that we will grow up together...and maybe even...get married?" With Avan saying that, it made me blushed even more. "Uh, aren't we too young to think about this? But... I guess we can, of that's what you want." He released me from the hug and announced "Then we better start practicing!" I playfully shoved him. "H-Hey! Wives aren't supposed to be pushing their husbands, love." he teased. "Love?" I asked with a blush. "That's the only name I can think of." he replied, scratching the back of his head. I laughed "C'mon! There's a lot more things couples can do, love!" I grabbed his hand-which made him blush-and we both ran merrily while the sun ends to set.

"That promise..." I said to myself. A drop of tear ran down my cheek. "Please forgive me, Avan..."