Ch 6

"Mat! Wait up!" I shouted. Apparently, Lambert frowned and grabbed my hand tightly. "What are you doing?!" I asked, annoyed. "Maybe he wants some privacy." he whispered-scream. I believe he's a lost man without the right mind to treat every girl like this. "Let go!" I tugged my wrist from his tight grip. When I got free, I chased after Mat.

"Mat!" I called "Mat where are you?" I searched all around. When I was at the brink of giving up, I plopped down the steps and my eyes became misty. I tucked by head on my arms, thinking of what to do next. All of a sudden, a voice interrupted the sound of the flowing water on the fountain.

"Are you ok?"

I slowly looked up and my eyes widened. "Mat!" I exclaimed, flinged my arms around his body, tightly squeezing him. I didn't realized what I did, followed what my heart wants to express. Quickly, I released him and took a few tiny steps backward. "Sorry." I stammered. "I-it's fine, really." he replied.

"What happened?" I asked, curious.

"What?"

"Why did you leave?"

There was a moment of silence. Mat took a deep breath and finally said "...Nothing much...I think I just needed some fresh air or some stuff." Whatever that is, I know he's lying. To act with it, I just answered "Oh, ok."

He smiled and rested his hand on my right shoulder. "Let's go in and enjoy the rest of the party, shall we?" I grinned and nod excitingly. We both walked our way inside the house.