Ch 20

"Hey baby," Avan poked my arm. "What's the matter?" I ignored him. "Is it about...our relationship?"

"No, no. I just..." He cupped my cheeks and said "Tell me." Tears started to form in my eyes. I tried to pull back but failed. I hugged him tightly. "My parents..." Avan hugged me back, then planted a kiss on my head. "Sh..." he hushed me. "I don't know what to do anymore, Avan. It's like my life is completely ruined."

"Hush, it's not. You still have me." He lifted my chin and kissed me passionately. "Thanks, Avan." We intertwined our fingers and walked together.

-Time-skip: 4 years later-

"Monica!" Avan greeted. "Hey Avan! What's up?" He gave me a bear hug and lifted me up. "I got a huge promotion on my job!" he exclaimed with a big smile on his face. "Wow! That's amazing! We should go celebrate." I lead him to my car and drove to the nearest Starbucks we could find.

"So...what was your promotion?" I asked, stirring my frappuccino with the straw. "I got promoted to a CEO!" My eyes grew big. I always knew Avan only wanted to be a secretary, but this position, it's unbelievable. "Wow, Avan. Wow."

"Yep! I knew you would react like that."

"How'd you know, then?"

"You're my girlfriend, dummy. We've been dating for about four years, and yet you still don't realize that?" he teased. I stuck out my tongue at him. "Whatever you say, mister oh-so mister know-a-lot! I'm going to the bathroom." I stood up my chair and headed towards the restroom.

As I was going there, I bumped into a tall man with brown and shaggy hair. "Oops! Sorry." the guy said. I looked up, surprised at who I saw. "Mat?"