Ch 22

Ever since I found Mat, I started to hang out with him more often, whenever Avan was away because I just think that he would be jealous every time he sees me with him.

"Glad you were able to hang out with me again, Monica." Mat said with a smile. "Heh, yea. Avan has work right now, so I don't have much to do. Just remember, he can't let him see us, cause' you know what might happen." He chuckled.

"I always wonder what Avan does while I'm not with him." I smirked. Mat looked at me, confused. "Why think about that? I mean, isn't he a good guy?"

"I don't know, really..."

We spent the night with a lot of fun, ignoring all those negativity. Night came, and we both headed to my house. "Avan's supposed to be here right now." I said, worried. "Have you tried calling him?" Mat asked. I quickly dialed his number on my phone, but no luck. I tried multiple times, but still no answer. I looked at Mat desperately. He never informed me anything this day. "I'm calling him."

A few minutes of him trying to call Avan, he finally answered the phone. Mat couldn't understand the noise on the other line. All he could do is to hand the phone to me.

"...Avan...Shh...What are you...Heh...Avan..." There were a bunch of chuckles and groans. I dropped the phone onto the carpeted floor. I knew it. I shouldn't have trusted him. Mat rested his hand on my shoulder, knowing that it was over. "Don't worry. We're handling this tomorrow."