Ch 16

My face turned deep red. "W-What?" I couldn't stop shivering. Avan stood up and held both of my hands. Our faces were just inches apart. "I said: Will you go out with me?" he repeated. As if asking me out was just a normal thing to do. "A-Avan..." I looked down, shuffling my feet. I didn't know how to respond to that. Agh! I wished he never said that!

"So?" he asked, waiting for my answer. "Avan, I don't think I'm the right girl for you. There are many other girls there that deserve you." Avan clenched his fists and his eyes turned misty. "Idiot!" a tear ran down his right eye. "You made a promise!"

I searched my mind for that promise he was talking about. He shook his head after seconds of my thinking. That made him cry even more. "You promised me that we would be together! And no! Nobody deserves to have me but you!" He kissed both of my cold hands. "I love you, Monica! You were and are my one and only. You were the only person I loved since we were young." Those words actually went inside my heart. Tears slipped through my cheeks. I rested my hands on his shoulders and wiped his tears away. "Avan..." He looked at me straight in the eye, blushing. "M-Monica..." Our eyes went shut. Our faces slowly went closer till we both could feel each other's breath brushing on our lips. Finally, our lips met once again. It was truly passionating and deep.

We pulled back for air. Avan and I couldn't say anything more. He inhaled deeply and bravely spoke. "S-so...Does this mean we're t-together now?" I flicked his head. "I always keep a promise. I never break them." He shot a smile at me and gave me a tight hug. "Thank you, Monica..."

Oh, I couldn't imagine that day. It was really romantic and quite an experience for me. I'll never forget that day. And ever since that time, Avan has been sweetly bugging me about random stuff. He frequently calls me and keeps an eye on me at school. I must say, having a boyfriend like that must be pretty tough.

I decided to have a break from Avan and walked alone. "Monica!" a male voice shouted. I glanced at my back to see who it is. Without knowing it, the guy was Mat. "M-Mat..." After what happened before, I couldn't stand a chance to see him. Mat pulled me closer and hugged me. "I'm sorry, Monica."

"Nah, it's ok. You were just concerned about me, that's all." He smiled and pulled back. "Today's the day, isn't it?" I said. "Yep! Now we can finally end this stupid mess."

"Great! Where are we supposed to meet her?" Before Mat could reply, Claire stepped in. "Great..." I mumbled under my breath, sighing. "Oh, hey Claire." Mat greeted. She frantically strutted to him and wrapped her arms around his. "Claire, we need to talk."

"Eh~? What is it?"

"Stop acting like we're dating. I'm tired of it."