Chapter 12

“Perrie,” I said helping her get dressed. “I think if you’re going to continue crying you should not wear any makeup.”

            Perrie wiped away more tears. “No, I’ll be okay. I will.”

            Perrie is still hesitant with me. She knew that I was completely wrong about Katherine, but has started accepting that she’s dead. Perrie has been in hysterics all week at school and was excused early many of times for freaking out during class or starting verbal fights with people. Eleanor had to drive her home twice and we’re still hoping she won’t get pulled over for not having a license.

            Deborah quickly brought in our dresses and gave Perrie a quick kiss on the forehead apologizing once again for this all happening. Deborah smiled at us and gave us each a hug. Perrie wiped away more tears and let out another moan from wiping away more mascara and having to wipe it off and reapply.

            Eleanor slid on the black lace dress that Deborah got for her. I got a black short sleeved skater dress that I picked out. Deborah got Perrie a black long sleeved dress with a peter pan collar. She kept reapplying her mascara since it kept running from her crying.

            “I miss her.” Perrie whispered.

            I pulled Perrie into a hug and started stroking her arm. Perrie was sobbing and started explaining how she was going to take Katherine with her to go on a shopping spree that they’ve been having to cancel, how she was going to get her long term boyfriend to propose, wanting to take her to the London Eye since they haven’t gone in a long time, and wanting to take a trip to America as soon as they graduated.

            “Perrie,” her Mom said walking into the room. “Zayn is on his way.”

            Perrie nodded. “Uh, the group is going to be there. We’re all meeting here.”

            “Okay.” I said.

            Eleanor pulled her hair into a braided bun and stuck bobby pins in it to keep it up. “Perrie, I’m going to hug you.”

            Eleanor pulled Perrie into a tight hug. “You need to look on the positive side.”

            “What positive side?!” Perrie whispered.

            “They didn’t torture her. She fought back.”

            “That’s why she’s not here!”

            “Would you rather have your best friend fight for her life and lose or fight for her life and be tortured and beaten over it being scarred for life?”

            Perrie looked down. “She’s in a better place.”

            Zayn walked into the bedroom in a black dress pants and black button down, but with the tie undone. “I, uh, I know you like doing my ties. So I saved it for you.” He stammered.

            Perrie wiped away her tears and walked over to him and quickly did his tie. She was softly smiling while doing so. “You’re always able to cheer me up.”

            “Isn’t that what a good fiancé does?” he murmured.

            Perrie pulled him into a quick kiss and gave him a hug. “I love you.”

            “I love you.” He pressed a kiss on top of her head.

***

            Everyone showed up in black; all the boys in black dress pants and black button downs while Dani was wearing black leggings and a black sweater. Dani was wiping away some tears as well.

Rogue RecruitmentsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara