Chapter 4

“You’re smoking!”

“No, I’m serious.”

“That won’t work!”

“How do you know?”

“Cause it’s beyond crazy!”

“It could work!”

“We could die!”

“We won’t die!”

“We will die!”

“Eleanor!”

“Allie!”

We were in the midst of arguing about escaping and to be honest it was pissing me off now. I was beginning to get irritated with her and escape on my own, but I knew that was selfish and I considered her one of my friends.

“No,” Eleanor shook her head. “No, no.”

“Do it to get home!”

“I don’t have a home!”

“Everyone – “

“I don’t have a fucking home!”

        “What do you mean?!”

“My parents were murdered before I got kidnapped! I came home and they were dangling from the staircase with their necks snapped!”

I gulped and Eleanor was shaking with tears in her eyes.

“I’m sorry.”

“Do you know what that feels like?!”

“Yes.” I said looking into her eyes. “I do, because my parents were murdered too. Stabbed to death and shot! Along with my best friend who was over at my house while I was gone and she got shot and stabbed.”

Eleanor looked at me. “I’m sorry, too.”

“It’s fine.”

We looked at each other with tears in our eyes.

“I didn’t know.” I muttered.

Eleanor sat on her bed and looked at me. “I can’t believe this is happening. I can’t believe we are in a situation like this!”

“And to think, at this time I would know how to find the length and degree of a triangle, but I sure as hell don’t know how to pick a lock.”

Eleanor began laughing. “I know right! They just taught us shit that we’re never going to use! Like, I do not need to know what degrees the sun is, how to make a Punnett square, and how to barely do a proof.”

“I think we should sue schools for not teaching us how to escape a military enforced place where we must train our asses off!”

We both began laughing and giggling.

I think I heard people running down the halls. Our door opened and we ran out and were surprised to see Fang up on a stage looking extremely angry.

“Why would you want to leave here?!” he screamed.

He was screaming loudly at us. Like, he wasn’t acting like a toddler or excited teenager anymore; he was actually pissed.

I looked at him and he was steaming in anger.

“Get them up here!” he yelled. “I want the traitors up here now!”

I looked at Eleanor and she was shaking and staring at me.

We were just talking about escaping and I had a dream about it. I could’ve talked about it, but I knew that I was in danger. It was just that gut feeling.