Prologue

Beams of light shot through my dusty white curtains, cascading down my black accent wall matching the other three white walls, and illuminating my room making me realize how early it really is. I slowly opened my eyes before quickly shutting from the piercing sunlight. Throwing the covers over my head I began trying to sleep once more not wanting to wake up yet, just a few more moments of sweet bliss.

My iPhone 5c began vibrating on the bedside table close to me. I groaned just blindly feeling my hand around the table to keep myself away from that harsh sunlight. The phone finally met my fingers making me grasp it with a successful groan.

Grace: Time to wake up!

I groaned at the remembrance of what we've decided to do today: Museums. Museums are really cool and all but its summer break, we should just realize that we can just sleep and eat food.

Me: I'm sleeping

Grace: No! Get up, before I come over and drag you out of bed!

Me: Fine!

I pushed the covers off my body and the sun hit me hard in the face. My vision was blurry and blinded from the sudden brightness. I find it hard to navigate through my bedroom. My toes were cold from the loss of warmth from my comforter. Being in shorts and a tank top really made your body stone cold. I walked over to my window and closed the huge black curtains over the white ones to keep all sunlight from entering.

"I freaking hate the mornings." I groaned walking over to my dresser pulling out my panties and a bra.

I plugged my iPhone 5c into my speaker and turned on the radio.

I danced around my room to the song and finally made it over to my closet opening it up to my huge wardrobe choice. I decided on wearing my new white playsuit with my blue navy blazer with gold buttons. I slid on my navy blue flats and threw on gold rings all over my fingers with a long gold looped chain. I walked over to the mirror and my hair was a huge rat's nest making me groan louder.

Pulling up my white stool to my black desk, I sat down placing my makeup mirror and taking out my foundation, concealer, black eyeliner, mascara, clear mascara, and eyebrow filler. I spread the foundation over my face and took a brush and began to blend it all over and fill it in. I took the black eyeliner pencil and began drawing on my water line making my eyes stand out and intensify them. Applying the mascara onto my eyelashes, aiming for the roots, to give the illusion I'm wearing more eyeliner. I took the clear mascara and began to comb through my eyebrows making them look elegant and clean, but quickly filling my eyebrows to make them become bold. I took the concealer and wiped some under my eyes and down my nose. Taking a look into my makeup mirror I saw no mistakes and smiled to myself.

My hair began to drive me crazy from it falling in front of my face. I pushed my blonde hair from my eyes and parted my hair to the side to begin straightening it. I plugged in the straightener and waited for the device to be at the heat I needed. I prepped my hair by spraying it with heat protection spray so I don't burn my hair more than needed. The device let out a soft ding indicating that it was ready to be used. Taking only strips of my hair at a time in only a few minutes my hair was straightened and soft.

I left my bedroom and walked down the stairs quickly to see both of my parents are sitting and eating breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes. I rolled my eyes at how much my father enjoys cooking and goes full out on every meal. I walked over to them giving each of them a kiss on the cheek and walked to the fridge and took out the jug of orange juice.

"Where are you going?" My mother asked smirking at me.

I rolled my eyes with a grin. "I'm heading up to Chicago, Mom, Grace and Sidney would like for me to go with them. We're just going to a Museum."