Fifteen

“You don’t love me enough to want to marry me,” I continued. He stood there and stared at me.

“Look, I know that we are getting married against our will but you don’t need to force yourself to have feelings for me,” Taehyung replied.

“So what? What if i did have feelings for you? We are only getting married to help your family and mine. That’s it, that’s where it stops.” I snapped at him. I was surprised at what I had said and regretted it as soon as the words left my mouth. I wanted to apologise but I couldn’t. I stormed out of the kitchen, mad at myself, into my room. I closed the door behind me without thinking to lock it. I sprawled myself on the bed while hugging my pillow.

Why am I like this? Why did I have to yell at him like that? Ugh… I’m such an idiot. Maybe I should apologise? Ahh.. but it's so awkward at the moment. I mean i DID just snap at him. I’ll apologise tomorrow.

I tossed and turned trying to rid myself of all my thoughts that I didn’t realise someone had entered my room. I heard a creak of the floorboards and my head instantly snapped towards the door. I scared myself when I saw my mum but gave a sigh of relief that it wasn't Taehyung.

“Mum! Why didn’t you knock? You scared me!” I said, my voice slightly a little too loud.

“Why should I have to knock? It’s my house anyway. What happened to you and Taehyung? I went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and saw him sitting at the table with a dull expression.”

“Don’t worry mum. He’ll get over it soon enough. I’m sure he’s fine” I lied. I knew the cause of his behaviour because I was the reason.

“Well then go and talk to him. I’m sure he’ll want someone to talk to.” My mum said. I didn't want to go and wanted to argue but i couldn't so I got on my feet and walked to the kitchen. I felt uneasy while trying to think of what i could say to him. Everything I thought of ended with the same result, AWKWARDNESS.

I walked over to the kitchen table and saw Taehyung look up at me as I entered the room. He looked as gloomy as ever and that’s when i knew, i had hurt his feelings. I could see that he was deeply hurt from before.