Prologue

CHELA DYNASTY

CHELA DYNASTY

This is my home. I'm princess Amara of this Chela Kingdom. I'm 22 years old and I have an younger brother named Amarendra Chela who is going to be suited as King soon. Before that they are arranging a Swayamvar for me. ( A/N:  Swayamvar in ancient times was a practice of choosing a husband, from among a list of suitors, by a girl of marriageable age.)

I was never interested in this kind of marriage. Before the Swayamvar, the paintings of the suitors or Princes of various kingdoms around Chela arrived. No one caught my attention. Since I can't disobey my parents words I agreed to it. Tomorrow is the D-Day.

I came to take a bath in the waterfall. I always enjoy taking bath here but today it's kind of gloomy and my mind is saying something is going to happen. I shook my thoughts away and I slowly moved towards the water. While I finished bathing, I felt someone pulling my legs. I tried to take my leg away from that but the force was stronger and I was pulled inside the water.

I searched in the water to see the person who pulled me. I faced the person. He was a man, more like a pretty boy. He was wearing some luxurious clothes. He was covered with silk from head to toe. His facial features was not visible because he was hurt and blood was dripping from his head and mouth. He said something but I couldn't understand what he is speaking. It was a total different language but I took in everything he spoke. The only thing I understood was my name. He called my name. I tried to pull him up but he hugged me suddenly whispered something in my ears and disappeared in the water.

I swam and climbed the shore to take multiple breaths. The questions were surrounded in my mind.

Who was he? How did he come here? What language was he speaking? How did he know my name? How did he disappear suddenly? and How dare he hug a princess?

I remembered the words he spoke and wrote it down. I should show this to Wang Jiaer. He is the only person who went to different kingdoms and can speak different languages even though he never disclosed his identity. He is my best friend.

I disguised myself as a commoner. Because Princess are not allowed to go outside the palace without soldiers. So I had to jump the castle walls to go out.

I went in search of Wang in our usually meeting place. I already sent him mail with my pet pigeon. I was roaming around the pond waiting for him. Finally he appeared.

"What took you so long?" I asked him.

"I was roaming around the jungle looking for deer to hunt, Amara" He said.  He is the only person not from family to call me by my name. I too prefer that.

"Did you catch any?"

"No" He answered sadly.

"I will help you catch it if you help me with something" I said.

"What is it?" He asked. I explained what happened in the waterfalls. After listening to the whole, he started laughing like a crazy person.

"You want me to believe this?" He asked.

"Yah, do you think I'm lying? See this." I said and showed him the paper where I written those words he said carefully. After examining the paper his face lost color.

"Amara, so this really happened?" He asked.

"Why? Do you understand anything from that?" I asked in confusion.

"This is Sillian Language." He said.

"Sillian? Where do they speak that?" I asked him not knowing.

"He must be from Sillo" He said.

"Sillo? Isn't that one of the three great kingdoms?" I asked.

"Yes it is."

"But what did he say?"  I asked him for which he was not sure how to say it out loud.

"That.... Do you really want to hear that? Tomorrow you are going to get married." He said.

My mind wavered for a second but those eyes, it felt like it needed me. The look in his eyes want me to know what he was saying.

"Just say Wang. It's okay." Since he couldn't refuse anymore he said everything to me.

I sat there frozen listening to what he was saying. There was only one thing in my mind right now.

I should go to Sillo.

Hey guys did you like the prologue? I will update this book, once I finished I TOO HAVE FEELINGS. Just wait for a little more :) - VJ <3