Chapter 2

I groan when I wake, hands automatically raising to my head to check the damage.

I touch my head gently, eyes still closed, wincing when I find the bump. It's quite large and will take some time to heal.

"You took a pretty nasty hit to the head." My eyes snap open at the voice: dark, heavy, familiar.

I sit up, ignoring the pounding of my head and moving room, instead focusing on the man sitting at the end of my bed.

"You." I croak, then clear my throat, glaring at him.

He raises a brow, and I grit my teeth pushing myself off the bed and going for the door.

"You okay there, Bedhead?" The Alpha asks innocently, and I whirl, scowling at him.

"I do not have bedhead-" I cut myself off when my fingers tangle in my usually oh-so-straight raven hair, and I huff angrily, crossing my arms.

"Right." He says lazily, yawning.
I turn, continuing to walk slowly towards the door.

Surprisingly enough, I make it without tripping, and I grab the doorknob, turning it and stepping out of the bedroom.

"Where do you think you're going, darling?" The Alpha drawls, and my scowl deepens.

"Home." I say, shuffling out into the hallway and beginning the most likely long journey of getting out of this wretched house.

"Good luck, darling." He says, and I turn to find him right behind me.

The room suddenly clears, all the former haziness gone, and I turn, shuffling a little faster just to put a little distance between us before taking off down the hallway, turning down a different corridor.

"Not a good idea!" The Alpha shouts, and I can hear him getting closer, so I open a random door and throw myself into it, slamming the door and locking it.

I hear him stop right outside it and sigh, and I smirk and turn, just to be greeted by another monster.

I scream, as loud as I can, trying to back up only to find the door behind me. Oh, how I am so majorly screwed.
The monster advances, and is he a huge thing. He had to at least be 6'8, if not taller, and is built like a fridge.

I scream again, but the guy only grabs my arm, opens the door, and hands me to the Alpha, who is standing there calmly.

"Thanks." He says to Fridge, then turns away, dragging me away from the door.

"That was stupid." He growls, and I glare at him, trying to jerk my wrist away from him.

I am able to get it free, then turn and run down the hall again, hearing the Alpha give a scream of frustration before running after me.

I go towards another door, but Alpha grabs me, throwing my over his shoulder and carrying me towards his room.

I hammer his butt with my fists, trying to get him to let me go, with no luck.
I twist in his grip, then manage to slam my hands down on his pressure points.

The Alpha drops, swearing, and I try to run again, but he catches my ankle, sending me sprawling.

I scramble to my feet, taking off again only to have the Alpha grab my arms and pin them behind me.

I kick, managing to bust his kneecap, but it begins healing immediately. I jerk one arm away, then the other, then turn and begin limping away, because from where that idiot grabbed it I'm pretty sure it's sprained. The Alpha grabs me again, obviously healed, and I sigh, going limp.

"It's about ti- ack!" He grumbles, then shouts when I elbow him in the ribs as hard as I can.

I jerk away, then turn and smash my fist into his nose, pulling his attention from his ribs. I then knock his feet out from under him and start running again, this time disappearing down two other hallways, passing a couple of people.