28. Those who fight for love

The figures who stood before the shinobi all gave their orders and the ninja were off, running to fight anyone that stood in their way. You climbed on top of a large boulder, making sure to stay out of sight and watched them run into combat. It was sad knowing that they wouldn't all return and their family would never see them again, but you were happy that they were staying strong. Never before had you felt so much love for humans. You jumped to the ground and allowed yourself to submerge into the earth, it was something Zetsu had taught you and it made somethings so much easier. The war was about to begin and you would stand on the sidelines until the humans needed your help.

Timeskip

All battles fought in the land of hot water were over and all reincarnated shinobi had been sealed away. It amazed you to see so many different abilities within these humans and the brilliant strategies that were thought up. You had never seen such dedication and strength but it was only during the battle in the land of frost that you felt the need to intercept. It was the sight of thousands of pale figures fighting against the humans and you recognized them. Zetsu, but only the white half of them. Their bodies had odd lines and cracks as well as pointy areas which poked out of the skin like thorns. Also, they had lines extending from the corners of their mouths up their cheeks, making them look like puppets. You watched as shinobi were taken down by the creatures. This wasn't Zetsu, what was going on? Where was Zetsu? Where was he?

But it was then that you saw something which brightened your mood exponentially. A blonde haired boy who gave off a very strong chakra showed up and was easily able to take down the fake Zetsu's. The way he fought, the way he spoke, this boy truly had a heart. He was everything you wished for humans to be, determined, strong, courageous, selfless, loving. This singular boy was everything to you at that moment and you wouldn't let anyone hurt him, he was the key to the success of this war.

Timeskip

Days past and you watched the boy, you saw the way he supported his comrades, never giving up on them. But there was a moment where you felt in pain. The boy stood before the one you once knew as Tobi, Madara and Black Zetsu. Behind them was the tree which poisoned the earth and you couldn't stand to see it feeding off of your mother's creation. The army of humans stood tall against the Akatsuki, ready to finally take down the ones who threatened their loved ones. You would protect them.

You protruded from the ground a few meters away from the boy, gathering the attention of everyone in the area. Tobi, or should you say, Obito, chuckled at the sight of you. "Have you come to join us, (Y/n)? Fight for us". You looked over and met the boys bright blue eyes, seeing the desperate glint within them. "Please Miss, you can't join them. They'll kill everyone". You nod and face Obito and his newfound group. "(Y/n), it was your mother's orders to join the Akatsuki and fight for us, now join us!", he yells. You glared up at him. "My mother gave no such rule, my job was to follow the prophecy and bring peace to the human world, you are doing the opposite". You met the gaze of the older male who had the rinnegan, just like Pein. "Young woman, I ask you of your service, to bring peace to this world". You turn to the boy and hold out your hand. He hesitantly holds his out and lets you place something in the palm of it, it was a small yellow flower. "I stand for those who protect love, I will not stand beside someone who takes away such a thing. War and conflict cause a never-ending cycle of death and revenge, I will never fight for you as long as you harm those who fight for love, those like this young man". All eyes were on you, the shinobi alliance wasn't sure how to react and neither did the Akatsuki. It was then that a branch of the divine tree attempted to strike you. You caught the branch and held it firmly in your hands. You could feel it try to suck the life from you but you held on tightly, refusing to let go. Instead, you began to absorb every drop from inside of the tree, watching as it began to die and wither away.

1/2
Endings, damn I hate them cause they mean it's all over. The next chapter will be out soon, I'm just editing it. Stay tuned.

Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD