17. Give up

I sat beneath one of the many new fruit trees. A variety of colored flowers grew beneath me. A few children sat around me, picking the flowers and turning them into crowns. "Miss (Y/n), I made this for you", a young girl said, holding a flower crown out to you. You lent forward and allowed her to place it on your head. "Thank you, Haru". Her face heats a little. "We can never thank enough Miss, how can we ever repay you?". You cup her rosy cheeks and send her a soft smile. "Live a happy life and I will forever be in your debt". She nods and runs off to play with the other children. I look over and notice the adults watching me intently, I was curious as to what they were talking about. So I stood up and made my way over to them, leaving a trail of flowers behind me.

Yui's parents bowed to me but the rest of the people felt unsure. "We can't possibly take all of this", a woman in her mid-twenties says. "There must be a way we can help you". I nod and sit before them. I slip a few photographs out of my back pocket and unfold them, showing them to the people. They cringe at the sight of them, taking a step away. "I would like information on these people, but I will not force you. I do not believe in war and violence, I will do anything to keep the peace. Tell me what you can, I beg of you". You bow before the group and look up to see them looking shocked. The woman stepped forward and sat before me. "We will tell you everything that we know". I bow once last time. "Thank you very much".

I look down at the three pictures. Two of them are men and the last is a woman. "The man with the mustache is the leader, his name is Heiwa. He was brought up in this village but turned against it as he grew up. The other man is Nanashima, he arrived at the village as a teenager after the war, seeking refuge. Heiwa and Nanashima abandoned the village together and returned a few years ago, taking everyone's possessions. The woman's name is unknown but she is married to Heiwa, that is all that we know". 

"Do you know where I might be able to find them?", you ask. She hesitantly nods. "Yeah I do... they have a hideout on the west side of the mountain, its difficult to get over there but they seem to manage so you should be fine". I stand and bow. "Your information was very helpful, I can't thank you enough". The adults all bow to me. "No, thank you, without all of this food we would've all starved". You nod and send them a small smile. "The trees will never wilt and will provide food for everyone, even during the winter". You raise your hand and wave lightly to the group of people before walking away. As soon as you take a step out of the orchard your leg is restrained. You look down to see Yui clinging to you for dear life. "Please come back one day", she whimpers, tears sliding down her pain cheeks. You smile and nod. "Of course". "I-I'm going to tell everyone about you, everyone is going to know that you're a hero and a goddess. We will never forget!", she exclaims. You nod and take her small hand in your own. "I won't forget either". She nods and waves to you begin to walk away. You felt warm, happiness coursed through you causing a smile to grace your lips. 

I walk back towards the village, feeling the uncomfortable sensation of eyes on me. I look around the forest, my eyes stopping on the black and white man inside of a Venus flytrap. "I told you to stop", you say lowly. "You did say that, but you never specified what you wanted us to stop doing", Back Zetsu said with a smirk. You send them a glare and walk away, hearing their light footsteps behind you. "Stop following me", you mutter. "Was that what you wanted us to stop? I'd be happy to do so but it seems that we are heading in the same direction". You growled lowly and kept walking, stopping suddenly when you can't their footsteps anymore. You turn around and are surprised to see them still there. "I do apologize for his behavior, he likes to push people but I guarantee that he means no harm". Your glare softens lightly at the sight of his nicer, apologetic side. He takes a step forward and you take one back. "I'm heading back to the village, I don't care what you do. Just stop bothering me, I know what you're up to". They stare blankly at you as you turn around and walk away.

"Why did you have to do that?!", White Zetsu growls, sending a glare to his other side. A smirk spreads across Black Zetsu's half of the face. "Just for a bit of fun and don't give me that look". White Zetsu scoffs. "Aw come on, you act like you actually have a chance with her. You've heard her say it, she hates humans and for some reason she hates us. It's not like she'd ever fall in love with you anyway, she's a goddess". White Zetsu couldn't stop glaring at his surrounding. He wanted to argue with his other half but he couldn't find a valid argument, Black Zetsu was right. "You should just give up, there's nothing we can do". "I don't care and I'm not listening to you". Black Zetsu chuckles as they begin to sink into the ground. "Ever since you've met her you've become so stubborn, it's a pity she'll never feel the same way".

I'm really pissed off at Black Zetsu right now, hurting my boi like that. Not ok! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, I had fun writing it. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD