16. To fall in love

"I can't believe I got stuck on a mission with you assholes", Hidan complains. I let out a quiet sigh, he has been doing this for quite some time. "It's not our fault, un", Deidara grumbles. Pein had sent Hidan, Deidara, Zetsu and I on a mission, the reasons why they were split up from their partners were unknown. Hidan walked in the front with Deidara behind him, I walked behind Deidara and Zetsu followed at the back. 

Flashback

I walked into Pein's office, trailing behind Hidan, to see Deidara and Zetsu already there with Pein. "I have a mission for the four of you", the orange haired man says emotionlessly. I let my eyes wander the room before landing on the leader. "There is a village which I need you to gather information from, its full of rogue ninja and the town is poverty stricken. Do what you can to get information on these people". He hands me a file containing several pictures of different rogue ninja. "They've been selling information on the Akatsuki to the five great nations and we can't have this in the way of our plans, find and dispose of them". You all nod and leave the hideout.

Flashback end

It took two days to arrive at the village. Pein was right when he said it was poverty-stricken. Families sat on the side of the road, looking miserable and malnourished. Their clothes were dirty and torn, they looked dead. But the children still played, laughing as if there were no problems at all. Our cloaks were off so no one knew who we were but we still gathered attention from the occupants of the village. Hidan stopped and looked back at us. "Split up and see what you can find out, I want to get the fuck out of this dirty ass village as soon as I can". We decided not to argue, none of us could stand it here. Zetsu disappeared into the ground and Deidara and Hidan went off on their own into buildings. I looked around, deciding where I should go.

Suddenly something bumped into my leg. I looked down to see a small child had bumped into me, falling backward onto their butt. "I-I'm sorry miss", the little girl said, clambering to her feet and bowing. I crouch down and smile lightly at her. I hold my hand out and a bright red apple grows. The little girl's eyes filled with tears as she stared at the large fruit. I gently pull up her hands and place the apple in it and stand up straight, beginning to walk away. I had only taken a few steps when I felt a tug on my shirt. I looked back down to see the girl smiling. "Thank you miss, d-do you have any more? I need some more food for my family". I smile and nod, offering my hand to her. She takes it and leads me over to a small group of people sitting on the side of the road. "Mommy, Daddy, brother. Look at this". The girl holds up the apple causing her family to stare at it with wide eyes. Their attention then turns to me. "Who's this Yui?", the mother asks. "This is my new friend, she grew the apple from her hand". The mother stands up and bows. "Thank you very much". You shake your head. "Its fine, I only want to help". "What might your name be miss?", the father asks. "Just call me (Y/n)".

I hate humans, don't I? But to see someone so unfortunate, they have nothing and are vulnerable to everything. They have no food and shelter, they're barely scraping by. "I can get you more food", you say suddenly. The family's eyes light up. "Really?", Yui's brother asks. You nod. "Take me to an empty area in the forest". They seemed hesitant but they were desperate. Yui held tightly onto my hand and the family leads me to an opening in the forest that surrounded the village.

The area was dead and lifeless, nothing seemed to be growing. "There used to be a stream that ran through here but it was blocked by a dam further upstream, we used to have money for food but one day a group of rogue ninja came through and robbed us of all of our belongings", the mother explains. You nod and take a step out into the middle of the empty field. "What is she doing", Yui whispered to her mother. Her mother shrugged her shoulders and watched as you stepped out of your sandals. The dead grass was revived and flowers began to bloom from beneath your exposed feet. Yui gasped and watched as I knelt down, placing my hands on the ground. The ground shook for a minute before trees begin sprouting from it, bearing large amounts of fruit. You turned towards the family and bowed. "Please use this as much as you please, also share it with others in your village who are in need of food. The fruit is available to those who don't have evil intentions, if someone harmful tries to eat the fruit they will be poisoned". "We won't be poisoned, right?", Yui asks. I nod my head. "Of course not, to any soul in need of food it shall be available. Forest spirits shall watch over the orchard so there is no fear of it being destroyed. Also, I have cleared the dam so fresh water shall travel down the stream as it once had". Yui ran over and hugged my leg tightly. "Thank you so much", she cries. I smile down at her and pat her head gently. Her mother and father look overjoyed but there is still worry evident on their faces. "Is something wrong?", you ask. They nod. "How can we repay you miss, we have nothing", the mother sighs, looking up and meeting your gaze. "I don't require payment, my payment will be the life you will continue to live because of the fruit that has kept you alive. Please continue to live and that is all I ask of you". The mother nods, fresh tears running down her face. "So we can help others by bringing them here too?", the father asks. You nod. "I'm gonna go get my friends and their families", Yui's brother cheers, running off. Her mother and father look over at Yui who is still attached to my leg. "Would you mind looking after Yui while we gather more people?", her father asks. You shake your head. "Not at all, I'll just be here". He smiles and waves before running off back to the village. I sit beneath a tree with Yui in my lap and smile lightly at her. "Thank you very much miss, what are you? You've got really cool powers? Are you a princess or a wizard?". You chuckle and shake your head. "No Yui, I'm a goddess".

Normal POV

Both black and white Zetsu watched as the young woman gently stroked the hair of the poor girl. White Zetsu could feel his heart pounding in his chest. "How noble, proving a sustainable food source to the poor people of the village", Black Zetsu chuckled sarcastically. "She saved them and that's all that matter". Black Zetsu smirks lightly. "I knew you liked this woman but it seems that your feelings are even more serious than I thought". White Zetsu huffs. "I have no idea what you're talking about". Black Zetsu snickers quietly. "You can't deny it, you've fallen in love with her".

Well, it looks like White Zetsu has fallen in love with you, I wonder if Black Zetsu will too. I am so excited about these upcoming events. I have it all planned out. I can't wait! Hope you enjoyed the chapter and I wish you the best for the rest of the day. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD