20. Close

Pein called a meeting and all eyes were on you. "What are you all looking at?", you ask, a hint of irritation in your voice. "Y-you look different yeah", Deidara says. "Yeah, now she looks like a girl, not a fucking mummy", Hidan adds. You shrug your shoulders and lean back in your chair.

"Ok everyone, we're going to be gathering the next tailed beast which happens to be the one tails. I'll be sending Deidara and Sasori on this one. Dismissed!". You all nod and stand, making your way out of the meeting room. You go to step out of the room but stop when your name is called. You turn to see Pein looking at you with his purple ringed eyes. "Please stay, I have a small mission for you". You nod and walk further into the room. "Please take a seat, you too Zetsu". Your eyes widen slightly as Zetsu appears from the ground, taking a seat in one of the many chairs. You sit down across from him and do your best to avoid eye contact. 

"Anyway the mission is only small now but I fear that it could grow into something greater. Since the two of you would be best in the forest I need both of your skills for this. A few ninja have been snooping around in this area and I need you check it out. Try and stay out of sight if you can, this is a stealth mission. If you do engage with them then you must kill them all, it may bring more ninja to this area but it will stall them slightly. Just try and find out why they are here and if it's us they are looking for". You nod and stand from your seat. "Yes, Leader-sama". "You are dismissed, I would like this mission completed by the end of the day". Zetsu disappears through the floor and you head out towards the entrance.

You approached the large boulder and saw Sasori waiting for Deidara, he didn't look too happy. "There are ninja in the forest, Leader-sama said not to engage". He nods. "Have you seen the blonde? He's not here yet and I told him to hurry up". You shake your head. "I haven't". Suddenly the sound of footsteps is heard and Deidara runs over. "S-sorry I'm late", he puffs. You nod to him and make the hand signs so the entrance opens. The three of you exit the base. "Good luck un!", Deidara calls. You send him a nod and walk in the opposite direction. In the corner of your eye, you saw something. You turn your head and see a bright red flower growing next to a yellow one. Suddenly the red flower dries up and dies. You turn around and sigh as you watch Sasori and Deidara walk away. Something was going to happen and from what the flowers showed, you knew that Sasori wasn't going to make it.

You walked further and further into the forest. "I thought we were doing this mission together". You jump slightly and snap your head in their direction. "I do apologize for frightening you", White Zetsu says. You slowly nod and turn your head back around to face the front. You were trying your best to ignore them but they weren't making it easy. "You shouldn't ignore us y'know, we're supposed to be doing this mission together". "Leave her alone, I'm not surprised she's ignoring us, you're being really annoying". His darker side scoffs and quietens down. Suddenly you hear something, it was talking. All of a sudden you are grabbed and pulled into a bush. You turn your head and glare at Zetsu who has a firm grip on your waist. You open your mouth to speak but a pale finger is placed to your lips. "The ninja are out there, I do apologize for this but you need to be quiet". You let out a silent sigh and nod. "Ok then", you whisper. You felt calm to start with and completely forgot about the ninja when you felt his chest against your back. You could feel his heartbeat, it was pretty fast and the feeling sped up your own. Your face heated up and you felt a strange feeling in your stomach. You cringed slightly only to for him to adjust his grasp on you, his muscular arms held you even closer in a protective way. His breath lightly brushed your neck, causing you to stiffen up. They adjusted slightly. "Relax a little", Black Zetsu whispers. You manage to relax a bit but the thought of him holding you so close clouded your mind. You were no longer thinking about the mission, the ninja or anything that you should've been. In the corner of your eye, you saw something sprout out of the ground. An abnormally beautiful rose, of both colors black and white.

We are getting closer! Woohoo! I hope you enjoyed the chapter, I should've updated yesterday because the chapter was half written but I forgot about it, sorry! Anyway, vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD