18. Feelings of the unknown

"What did you guys find out un?", Deidara asks. "I couldn't find out shit, no one would give up any information", Hidan huffs. "Neither could we, no one was openly speaking about them". "I didn't find anything either un, everyone was quiet about it and were starting to get suspicious when I asked about them yeah". Hidan looks over at you. "Did you find anything?", he asks. You nod. "One of the men grew up in this village and the second is a refugee who came here as a teenager. I don't have any info on the female but I know that they hideout on the west side of the mountain". The blonde and silver-haired males looked a little surprised. "Didn't think the bitch would be useful at all", Hidan mutters. You ignore his comment and begin walking towards the mountain. "If we leave now we can reach the mountain and kill them before the end of the night and then we can go back to the hideout tomorrow". They decided not to argue and followed you down the dirt trail towards the mountain.

The villagers had said that the village used to be lively and everyone was happy but that soon faded after the three rogues showed up. A lot of the citizens worked in the mountain as miners and made their livings from that but the rogues claimed the mountain as their own and killed anyone who got close. You glare up at the mountain, you could hear the trees whispering to you. They spoke of destructive creatures that ravaged the land and left it broken and bare. As you got closer you could see it. The forest floor was littered with debris, chunks of rock and splinters of former trees. This place looked as if it had attacked by a tailed beast.

The four of you climbed the mountain, using an old path to reach the site where the rogues were thought to be hiding. You could hear talking in the cave, their words bouncing off walls because of the echo. Hidan goes to say something but you grab his wrist and shake your head. He just huffs and sneaks around with the rest of you. You make it into the cave unnoticed and see that only the two males are there. "Heiwa, when do you think we should make another move, its been a week since we've sold any more info. We've already taken all the money from the villagers and we need more to survive". The one named Heiwa let out a low grunt and lent up against the cave wall. "We'll go tomorrow".

"Let's go now", Hidan whisper-yells at Deidara. The blonde shakes his head. "There's only two of them un, the woman could show up at any moment yeah". You nod in agreement with Deidara but Hidan wasn't having any of it. He leaped over the boulder you were hiding behind and attacked one of the guys, catching them off guard. Deidara went to activate his bombs but you stopped him. "You can't do that in here, you'll blow up the whole mountain". He huffs but gives an understanding nod. Since he was a long-range fighter he stayed back while you attacked the other male. You easily took him down. These rogues weren't too skilled at fighting, they were better at collecting data, but it was your mistake to underestimate them. You felt a sudden pain in your back which caused you to fall forward. You groaned in pain as you as suddenly kicked onto your back. The missing female climbed on top of you, raising a kunai above her head. She was aiming it right for your heart, was this the end. You thought that you would feel the tingling sensation of the thorns beneath your skin, but you didn't. You thought that they were supposed to protect you but nothing happened. Your body felt frozen, never before had you been this close to death. Just as the blade was about to pierce you the woman was ripped off of you and thrown across the cave. You look up to see Zetsu glaring at her, running over to finish the job. Deidara looked over at you and let out an irritated growl. "Zetsu, get (Y/n) out of here and treat her wounds, Hidan and I'll finish the last guy yeah!". Zetsu nodded and made his way over to you, picking you up bridal style and carrying you out of the cave.

They walked down the side of the mountain, walking into the forest with you. "Put me down", you groan. White Zetsu looks down at you, his face showing no emotion. He brushes off your demand and the two carry you deeper. You gave up struggling and were eventually were put down. "Take off your bandages", Black Zetsu orders. You flinched slightly at his demand. White Zetsu let out a quiet sigh. "We can't get to your wound if the bandages are in the way, we'll turn around if you'd like". You hesitantly nod and turn around so your back is facing him. You take off your singlet and then begin unraveling your bandages. You shiver gently as a cold breeze brushes your exposed skin. "T-they're off", you mutter, holding your bandages close to hide your bare chest. You hear them walk up behind you. One of his hands is placed on your uncovered shoulder, holding some sort of plant. "Chew these, they should help with pain relief". You take them from his hand and lightly begin to chew them, they didn't taste very good but it lessened the pain a little. "We're gonna clean the wound now, ok?". You hesitantly nod and hold still. You feel one hand on your waist and the other gently cleaning the wound. You could feel your heart speeding up, what was this unusual feeling? You felt a sudden sting in the wound and let out a quiet gasp. The hand on your waist had a firm yet protective grip. "We're almost done, just hold on a few more seconds". The sound of Black Zetsu's voice was different than usual, rather than being teasing and rude it was soft and soothing. You slowly nod your head, closing your eyes tightly. And then the hands were removed, leaving you to feel cold and exposed once again. Only now did you realize how warm his hands had been while against your bare skin, now feeling cold you shivered gently. "You should put your bandages back on, Deidara and Hidan will be back soon". You nod and begin to wrap the bandages around yourself, covering your markings once again. You could feel Zetsu's golden eyes on your back, but instead of feeling embarrassed you felt a sense of comfort. Your heart was beating rapidly in your chest. You slip your singlet over your bandages and turn around to face the black and white male. They meet your gaze and take a step forward. Their mouth opens to say something but Deidara and Hidan emerge from the bushes. "Come on un, we'll camp out here and then head back to the hideout tomorrow". We all nod and find our own places to sleep, you chose a tree and lay beneath it, letting the grass and flowers grow around you. Those golden eyes still watched your back and instead of feeling annoyed as you had earlier they made you feel safe, and you could finally get to sleep.

Was so excited to write this chapter, the last part was probably my favorite part to write. I love all that fluffy shit. Hope you enjoyed the chapter btw if you didn't then I'm sorry. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD