3. Leaving

Your POV

Your eyes widen in shock. "No", you say sternly. Some of the animals gasped, it was a sin to speak again the word of an elder, let alone the goddess of the forest. Suddenly a branch swung at you, hitting you in the face. You place your hand on your now red cheek and glare up at the elder who dared to hurt you. "I won't leave the forest, its a waste of time trying to fix the human world, all is already lost", you announce. The elders glare down at you. "You will do as you are told, brat!". It swung its branch at you again but this time you were ready. You caught it and sucked the life from it. The once brown branch turned grey, its leaves turning brown and shriveling up. The wolves howled and the animals all stood, the predators began chanting. "Fight! fight fight fight!". "Enough!", a loud voice echoed. Everyone turned to see the elder Elephant, Hina. She walked past everyone and right up to you. Her trunk reached down and caressed your cheek. "Does your hate for humans over rule your love for your mother and this forest?", she asks. I freeze. "It is known that whatever the prophecy is it will effect not only the human world but ours also, are you willing to let the forest die for your petty dislike?", she asks. I grit my teeth, sending a side glance to the humans. I manage to calm myself, letting out a long sigh. I shake my head and turn to the elders, bowing. "Please forgive me for my behavior". The elder scoffs but nods, excepting your apology. You turn to Hina and see her crying, tears dripping down her grey face. You walk over and rest your head against her trunk. "I don't want to leave the forest, what if someone tries to destroy it?", you whisper. "It is fine child, the predators will keep this place safe". You pull away and smile up at the large elephant. "Thank you". You turn back to elders and one speaks. "The young goddess will be leaving the forest for the sake of the prophecy!".

The Akatsuki's POV

"What the fuck is going on?", Hidan asks. Pein sends him a glare. "Be quiet and just listen, we just got her to join us", he spits. Hidan scoffs and lays back on the ground. The others sigh at how immature the Jashinist is being but they too were confused. What was all of this stuff about goddess's and elders? What did it all mean? Suddenly the young woman started speaking with the animals, another strange occurrence was that animals seemed to be able to speak here. They all sat patiently, awaiting any indication that the young woman would be ready.

Timeskip

Your POV

You said your goodbye's to everyone and disappeared into your room to change. Underneath one of the large trees was where you lived, it was a sort of den where you kept all of your stuff. You changed out of your dress and began wrapping yourself in bandages again. You hated to do it but your markings were sacred, no human was worthy to look upon them. Once your entire body was covered you slipped on your shorts and singlet, your clothing was simple yet you didn't care. Bandages covered not only your body but your face too. The only skin really shown was on your feet, hands, eyes and mouth. You looked into a mirror that was placed on your wall, stolen from the village. It was cracked yet you could see yourself clearly. You sigh and walk out into the open. The animals had all left to return to their homes, all but one. Hina sat waiting for you, her large body taking up lots of the empty space. She approached you, stopping only when the two of you were close. "Stay safe child", she says. Something you loved about Hina was that her voice was as soft as the finest silk. She caressed your cheek with her trunk and tucked a small (f/c) wild flower in your hair. "While you are gone please help others and restore forests, this will benefit us as well. Make sure you eat everyday and drink lots of water also take off those stupid bandages". You giggle and shake your head. "I can't". Hina nods and turns around, beginning to walk away. "And come back alive, you'll be the successor of your mother soon enough". You nod and wave as she walks away. You knew the humans were waiting for you but their was one more person you wanted to visit. You walked in their direction, not stopping until you got there.

Akatsuki POV

They watched her walk away from them, did she know they were waiting? Probably. Did she care? Probably not. The group followed the bandaged woman until she stopped in front of a large tree, many forest spirits sat in its extended branches. She knelt before it and placed her hand to it trunk. "Rest well father", she muttered. "Is your father a tree as well?", Pein asks. The young woman turned around and glared at him, letting it soften slightly as her mind filled with thoughts of her father. She clenched her first and looked back at the tree. "My father was a human, his body helped this tree grow into what it is today, its one of the largest in the forest". He nodded. "Are you ready to leave?", he asks. (Y/n) clenches her fist once again and nods. "Y-yeah, whatever". Pein began walking the way they had come, following the forest spirits. (Y/n) looked over all of the members, taking in their features. But one of them stood out to her the most, the strange man from this village, except this time he was inside what looked to be a venus fly trap. Their eyes met for a brief second before they both looked away. There was something she felt drawn to. What exactly? She has no clue.

Three chapters for Christmas. Merry Christmas Jersie.

Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD