25. The new world

"Deidara has been confirmed dead". The room was silent. Konan sat with her head down, a frown on her face. I knew this would happen, the Akatsuki would drop one after the other. I thought I was supposed to be aiding them with their goal of world peace but this... this wasn't peace at all. It was a bunch of lies, they must've manipulated mother into thinking they were good. How am I supposed to help the human world when the Akatsuki's plan is to destroy it. Mother told me a story of a woman who came from the heavens, her name was Kaguya Otsutsuki. She was beautiful but had a strange appearance, one which a human would never have. She gave birth to two sons beneath a tree known as the divine tree. The rest of the story was important to the humans but the part my mother told me was important to us. The divine tree was a poison to the earth and needed to be destroyed at all costs. In your mind the dots all connected, the Akatsuki was being manipulated by someone else. The revival of the divine tree would only cause the death of everyone across the world. If you had been told such a thing before you joined the Akatsuki you probably wouldn't have cared, human's were already dead to you. But now... now you believed in humans. They care and love each other just as Haru had done for you. They sacrifice everything for the ones they love and protect those who they care for. You thought it was special, humans will fight until the very end, even if they have to die they will persevere just to protect those that they love.

You look around and notice you are the only one left in the room. Pein is still sitting in his seat. eventually, he glances up at you. "Zetsu said he would like to speak to you, he should be in his garden". You give a slow nod and stand, making your way towards Zetsu's room.

You reach the large door and notice that it's already open. You push it open further and enter, looking around at the familiar plants. You walk around the room and are surprised to see that Zetsu isn't in there. You take a seat in front of the black and white roses. You remembered how you used to despise them but now that you were accepting of the prophecy you loved them. They were truly beautiful, you wondered how you hadn't noticed sooner.

Without warning a hand was placed on your shoulder. You turned and met the golden eyes of Zetsu. You stood up and faced them. White Zetsu looked to the ground but Black Zetsu held your gaze. You suddenly lost control of your body and launched yourself at him, burying your head in his chest. This was the only time that you felt safe, it was whenever Zetsu was near you. Their presence comforted you, they didn't even have to say anything. You rested your head against his chest and listened to the steady beat of their heart, enjoying the warmth of their conjoined body. You look up at the multicolored man with tears in your eyes. "Zetsu, I don't want war. I don't want to hurt anyone who doesn't deserve it, I want to leave". White Zetsu sighs and wraps his arms around your waist, getting his darker side to follow. They hugged you tightly. "We're sorry (Y/n), we'll take you away soon but we can't do it right now". You looked back up at them and wiped your now leaking eyes. "Please", you beg. Black Zetsu sighs and averts his gaze. "Pein will come after us if we leave now, we need him to go out and then we'll take you away". Your expression of sadness quickly disappears, being replaced but a smile. White Zetsu cups your cheek with his pale hand. "Don't worry, we'll have somewhere safe for you to stay". You let out a long sigh as your ear returns to his chest. Their fingers softly run through your hair, lulling you into a deep sleep.

They lay you down on the soft grass and watch as the flowers sprouted from the floor around your body. They occupied the space beside you, their golden eyes never leaving your sleeping figure. Their thoughts drifted to the other members of the Akatsuki. Kakuzu and Hidan were leaving to capture the 2 tails tonight and so were Kisame and Itachi, they were going after the 4 tails. Both sides smiled at the thought of their plans for the new world coming into play. Even though both were overjoyed each side had a different idea of the new world. Both wanted to walk the empty earth with the young goddess who had captured their hearts. But one loved her and the other... it was more of an obsession.

I hope you know what that means... Btw I hope you enjoyed the chapter. We are nearing the end, just to let you know. Anyway, vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD