9. The message

Pein's POV

I let out a long sigh and lean back in my chair. Deidara has been continuously letting off explosions in the base again. I'd kill him if I didn't need him. Suddenly I see something out of the corner of my eye. Vines growing up the wall, then up from the ground was a woman made of wood. It was (Y/n)'s mother but why was she here? She walked towards my desk and stopped, looking down at the map that sat on it. She placed her finger on a place between the land of fire and the land of rice paddies. A small black and white flower grew from it. She looked up at me. "Go", she says. I stand and look down at the map. "Why? What good would it do?", I question. I may have her daughter as part of the Akatsuki but I won't just listen to anyone. I'm not going to waste valuable time for something so small. She holds out her hands and small yellow flower appears, casting the image of a small girl like a projector. As I look closer I notice that the little flower girl is (Y/n). "Understand", her mother says. "So you're saying that if we go here we will understand (Y/n) better". She nods and then disappears. I sigh and sit back down just as there is a knock on my office door. "Come in", I call. Konan comes in. "What are our plans?", she asks. I hold up the map and point to the flower. "We'll be heading here". Konan walks forward and examines it. "There's nothing there, its a wasteland", she says. I nod. "Its fine, this is for the sake of the Akatsuki. When we can get the trust of (Y/n) and fully understand her then we will unlock her full power, she's worthless to us now but I'm hoping with this trip we'll have her ready to help collect the tailed beasts". Konan nods. "I'll go inform the others". "Please do, we'll be leaving tomorrow at dawn".

Timeskip

Your POV

Finally we get to leave the base. I don't mind it that much but I prefer the fresh air and atmosphere of the forest. I leave my room and walk out of the base, most of the other members are already there. A few walk out behind me and we are all ready to go. "What's the point of this mission?", Hidan asks rudely. He's the only one who doesn't care for Pein, he will never listen and has the mentality of a child. "You'll find out when we get there, for now be quiet, we have a day and a half of travel left". Hidan groans and begins walking. Everyone follows, we all walk down the path again. Where are we going? Who knows? Pein... Konan perhaps? I let out a quiet sigh. For the time being I'll just enjoy the outdoors. The whispering of the trees and singing of birds. The animals and insects calling for me. I look around and feel a sense of calmness, the forest brings me back to my old feeling of relaxation. The feeling I had whenever I was in the forest back home, the feeling of being near my brothers and sisters. I could protect them there, I could be there just in case anything were to happen, but where am I now? I'm stuck, stuck pursuing a destiny I hate, stuck following a prophecy I despise.

Sorry that this chapter wasn't very long, I promise the next chapter will be longer and way more interesting. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD