14. The secret garden

The room was very big, larger than any of the others. Inside it was covered with different plants, they covered the floor, walls and the ceiling too. You took a step into the room and gawked at the beautiful sight, it was perfect here. You take a step out of your wooden sandals and place it on the soft grass, savoring the way it gently caressed your foot. You knelt down and gently stroked the petal of a flower, it was exquisite, something you'd imagine seeing in a dream. A flower of miracles, one you had never seen before.

"Its beautiful, isn't". You turn your head to see Zetsu standing before you, his light side is smiling gently whereas is darker side is stayed emotionless. You take a step away from them and a look of surprise on your face. "Scared are we, dear?", they ask only this time the voice is a lot deeper. You shake your head. "I am not afraid of you", you say confidently. They take a step closer holding something out to you in their hand. You reach forward and take it, it was a flower identical to the one you had just been admiring. You opened your mouth to speak but no sound came out, you wished to ask about the flower but the expression on their face told you that they understood. "Its a flower we found many years ago, at the time there was only one but we managed to create another. Every attempt after that has been unsuccessful". You spin the flowers stem between your forefinger and thumb, watching the petals. "Does it have a name?", you ask, looking up at him. You meet his gaze, his golden eyes glowed brightly. They shake their head. "We could never come up with a name". You hesitated before questioning him. "We?". They nod. "There's more than one of us, I am Black Zetsu and my other half is White Zetsu. But we just go by Zetsu". "Zetsu", you repeat. They nod and take the flower back from you. "If you didn't know already you are currently in our garden, we were given the largest room and so we turned it into our own personal garden. Do you like it?". You crouch down and stroke the leaf of one of the many plants. "Yes, its very beautiful". You look back up at Zetsu and notice a slight tinge of pink on his white side. Suddenly they clear their throat, their white side holding their hand out to you. "I'd like to ask for your assistance", he says, holding eye contact. You hesitantly reach out, taking his hand.

It was strangely warm yet a small part of you enjoyed it. He leads you over to the corner of the room where there is a plant which looks like its dying. Its leaves are brown and dried up and it looks limp. "We've done everything we can but his plant just won't live". I take a step closer to it and knelt down, hovering my hand just above it. It was barely alive but you knew that you could help it. You places your hands on the earth, one on either side of the plant. Focusing your energy/chakra into the ground the plant regained its color and began to grow up. When it had reached the height of your chest a bud formed, growing larger by the second. This plant was blooming, a small smile graced your lips as you watched it slowly open. But... your smile disappeared. A flower you had expected to be yellow or blue or maybe even purple was black and white. Your face fell as you recognized the flower that had been plaguing your mind, forced on you by your mother. You knew it, you knew what she was going to do and you refused. You stood up and made your way towards the door, Zetsu's large golden eyes watching your back. "Where are you going?". I don't bother answering, I don't want this, I don't want anyone else to get hurt. I bite my lip in annoyance and clench my fists. Suddenly my wrist is grabbed, stopping me from walking away. I look back to see the light side of Zetsu holding firmly onto my wrist. "Please don't go", he says quietly. I spend a minute staring into his golden orbs, finding myself lost within them. I snap out of my trance and rip my wrist out of his grasp, letting only one word slip out. "Stop".

Why you stubborn bastard and yes, I'm talking about you Reader-chan. Hope you enjoyed the chapter, sorry I haven't updated this in a while. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD