All this while, I kept looking at the house. Taking in the beauty I still can't get enough of how huge and beautiful this house is. Khalifa brought me out of my trance. He placed his hand on my shoulder and brought his head in front of my face.

"Feel at home. Baby. I'll be back shortly. "He pecked my lips. We were interuppted when we heard someone clear his throat.

We broke the kiss and turned to look at who the person was.  My face landed on this beautiful woman. She's fair, very fair, looking young,elegant and sophisticated. Money smells everywhere around her. I stood up as soon as I saw her. It's obvious she's khalifas mom.

Two ladies were standing beside her- I guess his sisters  The first lady was wearing a jean trouser, a white top and a gray scarf tied around her head. The second wore a straight gown. She wasn't wearing a scarf.
Khalifa's mom wore  a black with white stripes top and trousers. She had a turban tied on her head. But quarter of her hair can be seen.

Khalifa went over and hugged his mom . He pecked her on both lips. She smiled.  The two girls greeted Khalifa and he said some things in Hausa. Everyone busted out laughing.

It kinda looked awkward for me vos I don't understand what was happening but I composed my self.

Khalifa's mom looked at me and ghen ghen  I lost it. My heart started running 360. I blinked rapidly. She looked me up and down before turning to Khalifa --who was busying talking to his sisters- she said some things to him in Hausa.

He turned to his mom, then looked at me and smiled. He came closer to me. Wrapped his hands around my waist

"Mami meet my fiance. The one I told you about Anu. Anu meet my mom Hajia memmunat Muhammadan. Then meet my sisters. My immediate younger sister. Zahra and our baby of the house Summaiyah  " he introduced

Zahra is the one with  a scarf. She gave me this disgustful look, rolled her eyes at me then looked away. Summaiyah on the other hand gave me this pleasant smile.

My heart stopped when I face khalifa's mom oh lawd . I can't describe that look. She  looked at me like I was some kind of pest.

"Good evening ma'am" I said. I bent down a little greeting her. Almost kneeling.  she looks me up and down before speaking but then in Hausa.

"Huh mom, she's a Yoruba. She doesn't understand everything you just said "

"Wait what?. So you mean to tell me you want yo marry a Yoruba?." Zahra asked before scoffing.

I looked at Khalifa who was starting to get angry. He gave his sister this looked and she looked away. I turned to look at his mom and she was giving me this scornful look.

"What did you say your name is?" She asked.

Khalifa couldn't let me answer before he spoke "her name is Anu "

"Ahmad, she has a mouth. She can talk " she shot Khalifa a look before turning back to me.

"My name is Anuoluwapo Adesiku " I try not to stutter.

She nod her head "you're from which state ?"

"Lagos state."

"Oh. So who's you're family in lagos. I mean what businesses do your family own. Who are your people
If you get what I mean "

I blinked " my grandfathers were chiefs to the oba of lagos before their passing. My dad own an ice block company, my mom own a supermarket." I said looking at Khalifa who was smiling at me.  Adama scoffed I glanced at her briefly but looked back at khalifa's mom because she kept staring at me.

She sighed " Honey. I like going straight to the point. And let me tell you fact. You can't marry my son. First you're not fit to be his wife. Secondly he already has a fiancee"

That moment my head went blank. I blink rapidly. A fiancee. I looked at Khalifa. He was looking at his mom, shocked, widened eye.

"Mom what are you talking about. "He said. His mom glanced at me one last time before walking away. Zahra laughed mockingly and followed her mom. Khalifa followed his mom.

I stood still not knowing what has happened. Trying to comprehend what just happened. . I felt a soft warm hand wrapped around my shoulder. I was pulled into a hug.  I saw it was Rahamat. She pat my back.

"Don't mind what my mom just said. I know ya Khalifa loves you and you're the right person for him. Ya Ameera already told me about you. Mom is just trying to be tough but I promise you. She's the nicest person you can ever meet. " She tried to console me.

But right now, my head Is not functioning. This is what I've always feared. I just don't know what to do without Khalifa in my life. I love him.

Summaiyah  was still consoling me when Khalifa barged in. "Anu let's go " he snapped. Rahamat released me. I turned to him and saw how angry he his. I've never seen him this angry. He's another person entirely.

"Ya Khalifa please calm down. You know how mami can be " Rahamat said. He glanced at her. He didn't reply. He just walked out of the room. I carried my bag from the couch and looked at Rahamat. I gave her a slight nod before following Khalifa.

When I got outside, Khalifa was just entering the car. He slammed the door. I went to the passengers seat, sat down and closed the door. We drove back home quietly. No one said a word to each other. I rested my head on the window as he drove. Staring at nothing in particular.

Right now, I don't know what faith awaits me.