Chapter 12-I Guess Now Is The Right Time

Chapter 12

I guess Now Is the Right Time

I hardly remember the flight to Alexanders house. It was Leon's voice snapping me out of the deep thought and conversation of Nightmare and I. "Clare," I look down at him. His hand is held out to help me down. "Come on," He smiles, and this time he really is smiling, not like before.

I grab his hand and as I get down he pulls me to help. I hit the ground and stumbled into him. Leon chuckles, "Are you ok?" I look up at him, and just as I was going to answer Fang pulls him away from me and gives him a deep warning growl. Leon sighs and looks at me, "Go inside and I'll meet you there."

"Is every thing ok?" I ask. Leon nods and I walk to the door and go in. I look around. Its been a while since I have been in his huge house. I've always wondered how he can keep such a big place when he's working as a teacher. Teachers don't get paid much so-

"Clare!" Alexander says in shock as he comes down the stairs drying off his hair with a towel, his eyes wide from shock see me in his house. He must have thought I have died.

I forced a smile on my face even though I was in too much emotionally pain to smile. But its for the best right now. "Hey Alex, long time no see," He gets down to the base of the stairs looking very concerned but sad. "Leon said you wanted to speak to me,"

"Oh yes," He nods his head to the right, "Come on, we will talk over some tea." He walks to what seems the direction to the kitchen. I follow behind and look around the also huge kitchen. I sat on a bar stool and kicked my feet a little watching Alex put water in a tea pot and out it on the open flame stove.

He takes a deep breath and spoke. "Almost a hundred years ago to this day my ex-wife Elizabeth died." He paused staring at the tea pot. He sounded sad, of course he would! It was his wife. "It was so sudden, but we knew it was coming. Even her dragon knew by how, looked as it began to decay while she fought the death."

"Woah woah woah! Dragon?" I ask.

He nods and resumes. "I was on a business trip in a couple towns over. That's when she found the egg and went threw what you had to go threw all alone." So she was just like me... "I was so shocked when I got home and saw this dragon in the living room. She explained everything to me, how she found the dragon and his name was Shadow. She told me how sorry she was that she didn't tell me sooner. Even then I could see the Lifeless look in her eyes and how pale she was." He starts making the tea then the pot began to hiss.

"The night we were going to a party she went to talk to Shadow. And just as I got there she began to throw up and choke on her blood." He gives me a cup of tea and leans in front of me holding his cup of tea. I could see the pain in his eyes as he is telling me all this. I want to tell him to stop and ask what this has to do with me, but he would most likely refuse and he'll get to that.

"Minutes from her death she tells me, 'Alexander, I'm so sorry. I had a child when you were off at war.' She kept apologizing at how unfaithful she was. As much as I wanted to yell at her, I couldn't. She was going to die, it wasn't in me to do it. And just as she died, she told me 'I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to stay with you,' and died right there." He fell silent.

"And what does this have to do with me?" I ask having loads of sympathy for him. His wife died and she told him she cheated. Ouch.

He looks at me, "Elizabeth is your grandmother,"

"How do you know that?"

Alexander pulls out a picture front the drawer next to me and puts it in front of me, "Cause you two are exactly alike." I look at the picture and my jaw drops. We do, and if it wasn't for the clothes and how old the picture looked I would have called her my twin. "I wanted to tell you because..."

"Why, because you think I'm going to die just like her?!" I say and get up. "You think my fate will end up like her's?!"

"Clare, we, I just wanted you to know."

"And is that the whole reason you helped me!" I look at him pissed, "Because I reminded you of the wife that cheated and died next to you! Because you can't let go of something that happened decades ago!?" He just stared at me, "That's low Alex!" I start walking but stopped. I wanted to continue to yell but I know it wasn't helping anyone so I left and slammed the door behind me.

Leon and Fang are still talking, starting to yell but stop when I walk out. "Clare," They both say as I head to Nightmare and the others that are laying down. He looks at me confused.

"And you!" I yell, "Why didn't you freaking tell me," He looks at me confused. I turn away and walk. "AGHHH!!"

I heard the guys coming over but stop as I continue to walk. I needed to be alone before I punch someones head off.

==============================================================================

hey sorry its late. :D its up now so i hope you enjoyed.

Vote, Comment, Fan. BYE!!!