Chapter 10

Kehlani

"August should I wear this." I whined because I didn't know what to wear.
"Hell nah them little ass shorts."
"Ughh fine what about these." I said holding up black jeans
"Yes more better." The door bell rung and I didn't get it because Chance was downstairs. I finished my outfit but I needed to do my hair.
I walked downstairs and seen my sister and chance talking.
"Hey sawyer, you can go get dressed in the bathroom down the hall."
"Okay sissy I won't be long."
"Man you didn't tell me your sister was bad like that." He said living his lips
"Yeah she's married too chill."I laughed
"Damn I don't care I can treat her better than her man can."
"Rather for you than the man she is with now."
"Hell ye-"
"Okay Lani is this cute." sawyer said pulling up her pants.
"Bitch you don't even have to ask me cause you always look bad."
"Thanks what you doing to your hair."
"I'm putting on my lace wig."
"Oh cute, imma go do my makeup."she said walking away
"Damn she gotta be mine."
"I wouldn't mind." I paused. "She's pregnant though." He just laughed.
"With that nigga." I nodded. "He has a record saying he raped 5 girls and beat them."
"Yeah his brother did it to me i'm not surprised if he starts beating on my sister." I said quietly.
"Man I'll kill that nigg-"
"What the fuck y'all talm bout'." August said coming downstairs.

-
"go out there tsunami." They pushed me on stage to sing a song, I decided to do first position to get everyone heated. I walked on the stage and told the dj what song to put on.

"Wassup y'all I'm kehlani, I don't if y'all know but i'm going to be singing first position." I smiled nervously. The best started and I started feeling it.

"Not cookie cutter not picture, unexpected but i'm worth it, could exposed you to this life if  that's what you like, explore your thoughts stop acting scared, I could see you watching let me take it there, let me show you what's it like to fuck with something right, let me put you on with something real wanna show you how it feels to rock with something trill, so come join me in this room girl it's time, I know what you like baby let me get you right."
I took the mic off the stand and started grinding and dancing.

"shawty Let me put you on first position." I sung the last part of the song and the crowd went wild.
"Thank you guys." I put the mic down and walked off.
"Oh my gosh you were so good."
"Yeah now lets go get some drinks a bitch could've had a heart attack out there."
"Babeh you did good."He hugged me and I hugged him back.
"Thank you don't make tonight the night I fuck you up."
"Alright Shawty." We walked and he had his hand around my shoulder as we went through the crowd.
"Can I get a mango margarita, heavy alcohol please."
"Dang girl let me find you that you are an alcoholic." I laughed
"Wait where's Sawyer and chance." He asked
"Oh shit."
"What."
"Chance was getting real thirsty over her earlier." We looked around and seen her sitting on his lap in a v.I.p section.

We walked over to them.
"Don't let johnny see this." I chucked
"Yeah he'll literally beat me."
"you shouldn't even stay with a nigga that you scared of." Chance said and he was speaking facts." No matter if you carrying his baby." August widened his eyes.
"Guys let's have, too bad I can't drink imma go get me a virgin margarita." Sawyer said getting up off of chance lap and leading him to the bar with her.
"Hey are you kehlani."
"Yes I am."
"I was wondering if you could come to New york next week for atlantic records, we've been trying to look for new artist and I feel like you'll be the best for this."
"Oh my are you serious, what time."
"I'm flying back out tonight and I'll be giving you a call in the morning about what time."
"Okay thanks sir."
"No actually I thank you, if I didn't find a good person that could sing I was going to loose my job." He laughed historically.
"I understand thanks."

-

We pushed through the doors of august bedroom while he kissed my neck, I wasn't as drunk anymore but I didn't think this was the right time to do this.
My face softened up and august noticed.
"Babeh what's wrong." He slurred
"It's the right time to do this okay." I turned over to face the other side of the wall .
"come on." He continued to touch my legs
"OKAY WOULD you stop it."
"I'm sorry." He backed up luckily he wasn't sloppy drunk.
"just go to sleep okay."

I got up to go the kitchen to look through august drawers to find any pain pills, to make me get high. I found some pills and slipped them in my mouth while taking some water. I seen a shadow standing behind me. I jumped
"Sissy what are you doing."Sawyer said
"oh you know looking for some advil." I said nervously.

She turned on the lights and grabbed the pills out of hand and read them.
"Why are you taking this."
"I didn-"
"No cut the bull shit." I was starting to turn red
"Alright alright, i'm still having fears about jason okay you might think i'm insane but i'm not, i'm just scared you know what if finds me what if my dad finds me."
"you know daddy doesn't like Jason if you thinking they are going to partner up, and neither does jason." She made me feel better by saying that.
"You're right I'm sorry okay I won't do it again." She hugged me
"Don't be sorry baby sis we all go through some bad I went through it to." I broke the hug.

"What do you mean." I ask confused
"You don't know do you?"
"I don't know tell me what's going on."
"You know daddy used to rape me too." She began to cry.

"What how he was always on my ass."
"Yeah I know, when you used to go school during the day since I was too sick to go to school he'll rape me and tell me to not say anything or i'll be like you." I wiped her tears. "he never beat me as bad as he bested you."
I patted her back

"yeah I know you've always been daddies favorite, cheer up okay we need to get men out of our life before we end up kidnaped. "
"Keep August around okay, he's a good man." she said walking away going back into the room her and chance were sleeping. I thought about what they could've did but then I laughed. I hope she didn't give him the panties already.

emotional chapter
boring
imma speed it up