Chapter 2

January 7th
11:28 am

Kehlani

I walked in the visiting room and seen my mom sitting there. "hey momma" I sat down across from her and she seemed stressed out. "Hey honey I got something to tell you" Tears started falling down her eyes. "Your father is back out of jail" When she said that my heart dropped. "momma you have to get out of the house" I wiped her tears. "lani you got 6 more days you can do this okay don't mess up. " I looked over and seen August with a really pretty lady seemed like his mom. "yeah momma I won't okay." I said turning my head back to her. "your father been sending threats and threats that he got people to bail him out. He is coming after you, promise me to never step foot in that house. I- I just don't want you to get hurt lani" She began to cry, which made me really sad. We hugged and she left.

I sat down on my bed and had my head down. August came and sat next to me. "you alright"
"Yeah" I said wiping my tears.
"come on you tell me."
"M-y da-d is ba-ck" I stuttered and broke out crying again.
"what's wrong with your dad" he said
"He he he, you know what never mind i'm good bro" I said faking my smile.

3 days later

I walked in the doctors office and sat down. "okay and parrish we got your blood test back and it seems to me we found meth in your blood" I jumped up
"I KNEW IT, They poisoned me drugged me"
"Ma'am since we found this we might release you tomorrow, we got ahold to your therapist and you will be going in for an emergency session" I smiled

August

kehlani walked in the room smiling. Wonder what's up with her. "Aye why you smiling"
"NIGGA IM GETTING RELEASED TOMORROW."I hopped around.
"what same that's weird what happened."
"they found meth in my blood test." she did the whip.
"are you serious bruh" I walked over to her bed and sat next to her. "yeah i'm happy bruh, you wanna hang after we leave this bitch" she said as we were in prison." I don't know do you." I shrugged my shoulders.
"duh nigga that's why I asked you. You smoke?"she asked.
"hell yeah, I actually sell that shit" She was writing down something and she started smiling. I admired her beauty. She liked girls but I can change that real quick. "nigga what you staring at" She chuckled
"oh nothing" she gave me a paper with her number on it. "Alright imma text your phone now"

"okay it's probably dead anyway, but it'll deliver once I charge that hoe" I liked kehlani she was chill. She wasn't a cry baby but she did have a nasty attitude but that can be handled" I smirked to myself.

"I don't like niggas August" she said catching on

"you will" I said laying down.

"Nah, bro I don't go down like that" I knew she had it in her somewhere but I had to bring it out of her.

"you sing?" I said asking out of curiosity.
"yeah wanna hear something" I shook my head.

"i'm looking right at you, but you're not there. I'm seeing right past you but you seem well aware. Your body is here but your mind is somewhere else so far gone and you think I can't tell, can't tell that you're disconnecting you pulled away and I miss you're presence I always said to you

baby you should be here right here
don't know where you went but you're lost now don't know where you went but you're gone now
don't know where you went but you're gone now

"Alright bruh that's all im singing for now cause I want to do this in the studio" she said stopping

"man I was really enjoying that" I said sucking my teeth

"maybe one day, goodnight cause I want to go home motherfuckers got me in here thinking i'm crazy but i'm not" she said smiling

"okay night"

kehlani

I was woken by one of the techs and I sat up and didn't see August. I got kinda sad. All his stuff was gone around him. A nice lady smiled at me telling me to get my stuff because I had a ride.

I grabbed the zip lock bag with my phone and charger in it. Thank god my momma carried that.
"sign these release papers" a lady at the front desk with the name ronda said.

I walked out and looked around to see if my momma picked me up but I didn't see her car. I seen a familiar car and I looked in it and it was dad. He didn't notice I came out so I took that time to run. I ran and ran until I reached a mcdonald's. I walked in and I charged my phone. I seen that August had texted me.

hey wassup aug
who is this?
kehlani
oh yeah waddup
aye yo you think can give me a ride?
damn you asking for shit already a nigga chilling.
i'm sorry nvm 😒
girl i'm just playing with ya.🙃
stop playing you know i'm bipolar💀
alright where are you
mcdonald's right down the street from the mental hospital shit
alrighty i'll be there in 30
okay thanks
np i'll text you and tell you when i'm pulling up.
I stopped texting and looked up seeing my dad looking around. I ducked under the table. and crawled on the floor until I got to the door. The door opened and some lady was coming in and we hit heads. "Oh honey i'm sorry" I started to get irritated because I was telling her to shh."It's nothing to be ashamed about honey it's okay" She said really loud causing my dad to look my way.

"AYE KEHLANI"

I took off and grabbed my phone and called august.
"Yo" he said picking up the phone

"change of plans my dad is chasing me down imma need you to meet me down by that subway alright he chasing me" I began to get out of breath.

"im almost there i'll be there in 5 minutes try to keep him out of site"

"okay august i'm just scared"

"don't worry" He said coughing

"thank you aga-"

I got pushed to the ground

"OWww" I screamed in pain

"you Thought you were going to get away from me" He picked me up.

august pov
I heard everything that went down. I started speeding down the street. I made sure my gun had bullets. I pulled up to the subway and got out. I started to go behind the buildings and I heard sniffles. I walked behind the building and I seen kehlani and this buff dude raping her. She seen me and I told her to be quiet. I walked behind him and pointed the gun to his head. "you touch her again and this is going to your head" He stood up and pulled up his pants. Kehlani hurried and closed her legs.

Maybe this is why she didn't fuck with dudes. Maybe her dad raped her. I picked her up and carried her to my car. She cried lowly and she had her zip lock bag all tore up and phone cracked. "you okay" I looked at her and I seen nothing but hurt.

"if it wasn't you what would I do August. I'll be back in that house where I got beat before. I wonder how he knew I was in there"

She got quiet and I took her back to my place and ran her some bath water. I carried her there and gave her a towel and one of my shirts to put on.
"thanks" I can tell she was still crying. She wasn't a baby but who wouldn't cry if they were getting raped. "I'm going to order some pizza is that okay"
"yep" with that I laid down and ordered dominos.

i'm not trying to rush things at all. Btw Y'all think this the end of people calling her crazy or insane yikes continue to read to find out more.