Chapter 4

January 13th
Saturday
6:00 am

Kehlani

I woke up early today seeing august next to me. Wow I told this nigga to not sleep with me i'm not with that shit. To be honest I was confused, cause I like men but girls will always have that main attraction for me. I went downstairs and seen that August phone was ringing it's ass off, I answered it.
"Hello honey is that you" my mom said
"Yes mom are you okay"
"Yeah I'm fine I found your apartment key in your old room okay your dad is gone I got my shit and left. I got fed up with him, screaming, complaining, beating me" she said shaking
"mom i'm so glad you are leaving"
"are you safe"
"yes i'm at a fellow friends house want to stop by"
"yeah send me the address"
I looked at august map to see what the exact location this was. "it's sending mom okay please be safe are you in the car now"
"yeah I just left"
"okay good mom, see ya when you get here" I said hanging up the phone. I clicked the home button forgetting that this was August phone clicking on snapchat. I took a picture and put it as his screensaver. Just to be funny.

I looked in the refrigerator and I found some eggs and pancakes in the cabinet. I started cooking enough for August and just in case for my mom. I heard coughing coming from upstairs. I heard him peeing to walking downstairs. I wasn't paying attention and he came behind me."NIGGA BACK UP"I said hitting him with my spatula.
"okay damn kehlani insane ass"
"nah I'll show you insane"He touched my butt and gripped it. To be honest it didn't bother me.
"man you like that I kno' you do"
"nah" I said making us a plate kinda hesitating. "my mom is coming to visit me you'll get to see her"
"oh I seen her before but i'll like to talk to her about what your bitch ass dad did to you"
At this point we were safe. No one knew unless they followed us, none of my family members knew where I stayed at all.
"I want to take you out but i'm scared yo"
"Same cause this nigga is crazy, we ain't had a actually thanksgiving since I was 10"
"wow he is selfish"
"no lie he had me fresh to death, he bought me clothes, latest Jordans, but he didn't care for me. When I had my first prom he didn't give a a fuck. I don't know man i'm just confused. I look nothing like my parents. My mom has always been super soft. My dad had always been hard as a brick"
"same bruh same" He laughed
"he kinda forced me into being a pathologist but after all this i'm done bruh, I want to sing"
"Yeah I would love you singing, you know I sing too"
"Mmm, let me hea-" the door bell rang.
"that's my mommm"
I ran to the door and opened it. My mom look like someone beat her to death. We hugged and it felt like I haven't seen her in forever.
"Omg momma come in, got you some food and come meet August.
"hello ma'am i'm August" He said shaking my moms hand.
"hello young man that's been keeping my daughter safe."she eyed him and he laughed.

August pov
"thank you though" she said hugging me. She cried on me. A nigga was used to this cause my mom used to go through this with my dad"
"hey where are you from you have an accent"
"new Orleans"
"Nice, I have family out there"
"that's cool, but I was going to tell you how I helped your daughter." I explained her everything and she was especially hurt on the rape part. I wanted to help Kehlani get that dude cause that's fucked up.
"aye tsunami come ere' I got a plan" she walked over by us sitting down.
"so you need to go in that house just stay there until he come."
"no August you know how much he'll hurt me"
"but listen, that's why I said go there, because I'll have my dudes that i'm going to call up. They are going to hide outside until he come and then when they see him coming in. He'll see you and then they will walk in and attack him. Tie him up and lock him up in the trap house basement"
"oh fr, that sounds good we have to do that today cause I need to go home and feel free"
"alright let me call them up"

I stepped in the back and called my nigga chance and sean.
"aye chance"
"wassup bro where you been"
"oh shit they had me locked up in the mental hospital"
"Aug you crazy I always knew you were special" We both started laughing. "but what you really call me for "
"so I got this fine ass girl that I been letting stay at my house, she came from the mental hospital too but they really thought she was crazy but she ain't reall-"
"but did you smash though"
"no she not like that plus she quote on quote love girls"
"oh hell I can't wait to see her but get to the point"
"okay anyway her dad abuse her, she wants him to die slowly. So I need you to call sean. Meet me here okay I'll pay y'all of course"
"Nah it depends if she one of those keeper girls I might let you slide"
"Bye nigga be here now" I hung up the phone

I walked back to the living room and seen kehlani and her mom was talking about her music seem to me.
"okay they said yes y'all"
"oh well i'm ready for this dude" Kehlani said

Yall really for this omg. Is it going to work out. !READ