Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

Lee looked at me, and I nodded for encouragement. She fixed her gaze at the boy and crossed her arms. I knew she did not want to sound rude now that she knew his reasons. "Okay. Listen. I'm very sorry. I can't answer your feelings, and that's for two reasons. One, I have a boyfriend." Milo raised his hand, indicating that he was the boyfriend. Way to rub it in. boy!

"Two, even if I didn't have a boyfriend and was single, you're a bit too young for me. I'm twenty-three, and you just turned fifteen; that's a huge age gap, and I'm not up for that. I hope you understand. You deserve someone better who will love you for who you are. I know I can't because I have Milo. Thank you, though," she explained softly, and the boy nodded while looking down. She got up and gave him a quick hug that made Milo restless, but he remained still.

"It's okay. Thank you for hearing me out, and I'm sorry for all my rude acts. To make it up to you, the dessert is my treat today." Once he let those precious words leave his mouth, I clapped with a grin.

"Are you sure about that, buddy? Because sweets are my favorite food, and I'm hella hungry. You should know that a meal won't do the trick," I countered, and everyone snapped their necks at me. I just smiled innocently. He looked at me, suddenly regretting what he said.

"Y-yeah..." he replied, unsure about his once-brilliant idea. It was not so brilliant anymore.

"Perfect," I said.

"You should be prepared, boy, because she eats a lot," Arlo pointed out, and the boy laughed. He nodded, took our orders, and walked away.

"Poor him, but it was not his fault because my girl is so beautiful, and I'm proud. He had good intentions. He didn't lay a hand on you, right?" Milo asked as he kissed her cheek. I was starting to get uncomfortable when she kissed his jaw and said no. Too much public display of affection.

"My poor eyes," I yelled, and they parted almost immediately. "Thank you," I said, then chatted with Jude about the latest psychology lecture. Everything was normal until I heard a loud slap from behind us. I quickly turned my head and saw a gruesome sight.

A man grabbed a woman's hair, and his other hand slapped her face. She was crying and whimpering for him to let her go. I got infuriated and stood up. "Hey! Let go of her!" I grabbed others' attention who had not seen him doing his ugly acts. He was about to slap her face once more but stopped his hand midair and gazed at me with an angry expression. You don't get to look at me like that, jerk!

"What did you say?!" he asked as if he did not hear me, and I scoffed. He triggered something inside of me. My brothers tried to stop me, but I shrugged them off roughly. I was not stopping now.

"I said let her go, you bastard, or else." I stepped closer to him. He stood up and hovered over me. He was tall, but that did not intimidate me. Nothing will after that...

He smirked, and I gagged. "You don't scare me. Girls don't scare me," he stated with crossed arms. I glanced at the woman from the corner of my eye and saw Jess, Lee, and Alice comforting her. Good, now I will deal with this man my way.

I mirrored his pose and raised one eyebrow. "You think girls aren't scary? Try pissing off a girl on her period. And on the second day!" I replied with a serious tone. My brothers, Jude, Holden, Danny, and Zach, slowly stepped one step back. They knew better than to be close to a girl on her period, especially on the second day. My brothers saw hell once.

The man looked at the guys and suddenly shifted in his place. He finally realized the seriousness of the situation. "So what?" He dared to say those words, and I stepped closer to him. I had anger issues, and he did not help my case. I looked at him with rage and disappointment.

"Who gave you the right to hurt a person who took nine months to form herself in a mother's womb? No man on earth has the right to do that because hearts are not toys, and obviously, girls are not your punch bags. You must treat them like rare diamonds!" The people in the diner nodded, and some even yelled at the man.

"What are you to her?" Alice asked with a disgusted expression. The man looked at her, then at the woman, and scoffed.

"Unfortunately, her boyfriend," he replied, and I grabbed his collar, not taking any of his bullshit any longer.

"Unfortunately? You're lucky she hadn't called the cops yet, which she should have done when you laid a hand on her. She was probably scared of you; that's why she didn't," I spat and looked at the woman, who nodded weakly at my statement. "See?" He glared at her and wanted to beat her up, but I did not let that happen. "You are not going anywhere near her, ever again." I raised my voice and swung my fist to his cheek.

When he did not seem affected by my punch, I kneed him in the abdomen, and the kick was painful for sure. He fell to the floor and grabbed his stomach. "Why are you with her anyway if you are incapable of treating her right?" I asked as I walked to the woman, who was now calm and had stopped crying. I squeezed her hand in reassurance, and she smiled.

"She has money," he replied, without any care. "I mean, who would be with her if it wasn't for her money?" he added, and surprisingly, Danny stepped forward and punched the jerk in the face. His nose started bleeding.

"I would, and that is because she is pure-hearted. I saw her others one day. She is kind and sweet and doesn't deserve an ignorant kid like you," Danny snapped, and we were in a daze from his outburst.

"I'm not a kid — I'm twenty-two!" the man stated, and Danny scoffed.

"And I'm twenty-seven, so that makes you a kid to me. Now, scram and don't ever come close or lay a hand on her again, or I'll call the cops. Go and screw yourself," Danny replied, then pushed the man out of the diner. We just stood there in shock. What just happened?

More chapters on inkitt!