ELECTRIC LOVE

"into all lives a little turbulence must fall."

"Is that a snowflake?" Lola said as she entered the parlor. Classical music bellowed through the room, Klaus put paint on canvas in exaggerated movements. The blue and white seemed to melt together, though there was no way you couldn't see the shape he was going for.

"Am I so obvious?" she curled her hands around his shoulder and pulled him towards her, Klaus kissed her cheek.

"Did you reconcile with your cousin?" Lola hummed as she burrowed her face into his neck, leaning on his body. He let her melt into him as he did his paints. Her lips landed on his neck, but she wasn't kissing it, just laying her lips there, letting them rest in his warmth.

"Are you going to the charity event?" she asked as Klaus put another flash of white paint over the blue, het let his hands do the talking.

"This is my donation." She looked at the painting and at how hard Klaus had worked for it, his hands were all covered in paint. It was something different than the normal red.

Lola laughed, "is this your attempt at befriending Caroline?" her cheeks were all flush with happiness and the freckles on her face were slowly starting to minimize, the sun wasn't as harsh these days.

"I have to try to at least keep my enemies close, don't I." she smiled as she felt the dimples in his cheeks against her face. They were sweet like this, without the outside world peeking into their little nest. They had created it from twigs and bones and broken hearts, and everyone wanted to see if it would fall apart or stay a whole, become a fort instead of a nest.

"Looks like a giant snowflake." Stefan's voice cut through their moment, Lola let go of Klaus's shoulder. He wanted to look intimidating, this was difficult with a ginger girl hanging from your neck.

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of postmodernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event."

"Hi sweets," Lola said as she embraced her friend tightly, his hands around her waist. They were so comfortable with each other, had been close for a hundred years and counting.

Klaus coughed in the background, Lola's head swiveled to smirk at him, he didn't smile back, just rolled his eyes.

The hybrid that Lola now knew as Adrian entered the room, he was one of Klaus's security pack, Lola didn't even want to know what Klaus wanted her to be secure from.

"You said it was urgent?" he looked at Klaus as Lola planted herself on the couch behind him, her feet on top of its back, she could just stare up at the ceiling.

"Yes, take this to the Mystic Grill immediately."

Lola sighed, she didn't want Klaus to use this minions for every little task.

"You want me to be a delivery guy?" Klaus closed the space between his and Adrian with a quick stride, "What I want is for you to do whatever I say. Without the attitude." Adrian grimaced.

"Nik, wait." Lola got up from the couch she was laying on upside down and walked towards the painting. On her way there she tripped over nothing, but Klaus caught her just in time and looked over her face. There didn't seem to be anything wrong with the girl.

Lola smoothed out her dress.

"I'll take it, I'm going anyway." Klaus stared at Adrian, who he now knew didn't have to fulfill his task.

"You go with her," he pointed at the hybrid and at Lola.

"That really isn't necessary, Nik, I-"

He interrupted her, "- I wasn't asking you, Lola." The girl just sighed and picked up the painting at its back, careful not to disrupt the still drying paint.

"it's still wet, be careful with that."

Lola walked out of the room, "I know, Niklaus!"

When she opened the front door she heard the sound now so familiar to her, then he was standing in front of her.

"That wasn't a proper goodbye, was it?" she smirked as she looked at the man in front of her, his attitude was so different when he was next to her.

She placed a kiss just on the corner of his lips, a longing between them that could never be explained.

"That's for being a controlling dick." She whispered into his ear, her lips laying just on the shell. Then she pushed past him and walked through the door and into her car, Adrian in the passenger seat.

"Care-bear!" Lola yelled as she arrived in the town square. Everything had been decked out in the appropriate winter wonderland theme, including a whole sky filled with fake snow. Lola had exchanged her usual dramatics for a simple pale blue dress and matching shoes. She wasn't going to stay long anyway, just long enough to make an appearance. She hadn't been feeling great the last couple of days, she thought she might have gotten sick at the Miss Mystic Falls dance. Maybe it was later, maybe it was last night. Or even just now, or this morning. Lola wasn't sure, her head seemed to be playing games with her.

"Lolly!" Caroline replied as she hugged her long lost cousin. There were plans being made, plans that wouldn't be in Klaus's or Lola's best interest, but they didn't talk about it. Caroline handed Lola a glass of coke and Lola downed it immediately. There was nothing but water in Klaus's mansion, she needed to go do some groceries soon.

There was so much hatred in that town, so much hatred and so much sadness and never any fun. Even events like this, charity events, were plagued by intrigue, corruption and betrayal.

Lola coughed as she hugged her cousin and Caroline could hear Lola's lungs struggle to breath, it reminded her of the time before the moonstone was broken, how weak Lola had been.

"You okay?" Caroline helped Lola to stand up straight again and pulled on her shoulders. Lola tried to shake herself clean, "yeah, yeah, I'm fine." Her head felt like it was spinning in all directions at once and she felt her body heating up. There were memories inside her head, way too many memories, her brain was ready to explode. There was weakness, so much weakness. Her muscles weren't working anymore.

"I'm fine." She repeated as Caroline looked at her with frowned brows.

"I was just coming to drop this off," she took the painting out of Adrian's hand and presented it to Caroline.

"Klaus painted it for the auction."

"Is that a giant snowflake?"

Lola laughed, "yes, but don't tell him that." Caroline felt so much guilt pass through her body, from her toes into her stomach and then into her eyes, creating the smallest tears.

She felt so weak, like her knees could buckle out from under her any minute. Even the connection to Klaus wasn't healing her, it only seemed to get farther away by the second.

"You should sit down for a second." Caroline said as she led Lola to a nearby bench, she put her arms around the girl as she kept weakening.

"It's okay, Lola. I'm so sorry." At this point Lola couldn't even speak anymore, her whole body was shutting down. She looked deep into her cousin's eyes before she fell into a dreamless slumber.

really short, soz.