TRUST NO KING

"the goal is to laugh forever, with someone you take serious."

Text from; Niklaus Mikaelson

Taking you out tomorrow. Formal.

A bullet. A man. People chanting outside, someone hanging from a tree.

Bruises on her face and body, a man.

The feeling of tenderness on a harsh day, a corset being pulled so tight she couldn't breathe any longer, a broken rib poking through her lungs.

One who forced himself upon her. Too many men holding too many bullets.

One more woman, one more woman tying a knot.

A smile, a feather, the music of a violin.

She awoke from her dream and listened to the music coming from her new phone, Klaus had given her it yesterday, after he returned from Italy. She wasn't sure if it counted as bribery, but Klaus hadn't been the one who killed anyone last night, shockingly. The music was up tempo, telling her that she should pick up the phone, now if it pleased her. And if it didn't please her, that didn't really matter to the one on the other side.

"Stefan," her voice sounded groggily through the phone, she pushed herself up out of the bed with one hand and looked at her finger nails. Some morning she expected all the blood she had ever spilled to pile up under them.

"Lola," Stefan groaned and Lola pinched her eyes shut and slowly opened them a second later.

"It's 8 in the morning, Stefan."

"I needed some distraction."

Lola pushed the blankets away from her and looked at herself in the mirror of the inside of her closet. Heavy bags hung under her green eyes. "I needed some sleep, we don't always get what we want."

He groaned some more, "Elena and I broke up." Lola almost dropped her phone in her hurry to get back to him, "Excuse me?" Stefan didn't answer the question, she didn't want it answered any way.

"So, that's why you're depressed?"

"I'm not depressed, just very, very hungry." Lola put her hair up in a pony tail and stretched out her back while she talked, "have you spoken to Caroline yet?"

On the other end, Stefan did another push-up, "yes. But she's busy with the organization of Miss Mystic Falls." Lola walked out of her own and checked Caroline's room. It was indeed, empty.

"Well, here's my professional advice, don't eat anyone." Stefan stopped his push-ups and rolled onto his back, a stick pricked into it.

"Great, thanks."

"I'm your best friend, but I'm not the best friend. Never promised anything like it." Stefan sighed and looked up at the sky, wondering if he should tell her.

"She said she has feelings for Damon."

Lola didn't even want to pretend to be shocked, "Yeah, duh."

"Why did everyone already know this, except for me?" Stefan groaned as he pushed himself off the ground with one elbow.

"Your annoying brother broke up with me for her, so you know, we're in the same boat." Lola pranced down the stairs on her bare feet and walked into the kitchen, there she found a note.

Don't have your new number yet, I'm at Lockwood Mansion. Come join me when you wake up, please.

Kisses,