Chapter 8

Chapter 8: But This Is Different

~Song Please Don't Go by Mike Posner~

~HARRY'S POV~

I couldn't believe I was actually being dragged into this club. We just got home from our tour. The boys were all out. Louis was with Eleanor. Liam was with Danielle. Zayn was probably with Perrie or out on another date. Niall was here with me but he's Irish and he can drink here. So he's off doing his own thing. I mean Nate was a great friend and Lily was awesome. But I just didn't feel like spending my time in a club with a bunch of drunk girls. There were some pretty fit girls here tonight. None of them really got my attention though. 

We were all waiting for Lily and her friends to arrive.  I decided to go to the other end of the club to sit down. Nate had said that one of Lily's childhood friends was coming and her best friend. He hadn't met them before so he couldn't really tell us anything about them. But knowing Lily they'd probably be the "clubbing" type. I was honestly done with this night already.

"Harry please come dance with us?!"

A few girls had come over to ask. Their words slurring as they spoke. They were definitely wasted. And looked like hookers. Dresses were up to their bums and were so tight on their bodies that you could tell they couldn't breathe. Maybe I would have been in the mood for them a few years ago but definitely not now.

I walked over to the bar where Nate and his other friends seemed to be gathering together to meet Lily and her friends. I lingered sort of in the back of the group. Lily walked up with two girls behind her. Right behind her was a shorter girl. She was dark skinned with long dark hair with the tips dyed blonde. She was quite cute. I was guessing she looked younger than she was. Behind that girl was a taller girl. She was beautiful. She had longish dark hair as well. She was light skinned. She looked very European. I saw her and my insides flipped. I knew I had to talk to her. She didn't look like the other girls here. Her dress was not as short or tight and it didn't look like she was trying to hard. But she didn't look too pleased to be here. There was something on her mind. Lily and the others sort of went off to dance and she walked over to the bar. I hope she hadn't seen me staring at her. I spoke to her and quickly learned she was American. She was so intriguing. Even as she spoke such little words. I don't think she recognized me though. She didn't have a reaction to me coming over to her. Maybe she just couldn't see my face. It was really dark in here. So annoying. I was just about to learn her name when Nate had interrupted us. I excused myself and went over with Nate.

"Nate, what's up? I was a little busy!" I whined.

"Mate, she's Lily's best friend. You better be careful."

"I wasn't planning on doing anything. We were just talking. I don't even know her name yet." I argued. I was a little upset Nate thought of me in that way.

"Lily and I can see the way you look at her. Her friend, Julia, over there. The one you have yet to introduce yourself to. She told us that Sylvie's not one to be messed with. She's just had a terrible relationship. And this trip was an excuse to get her mind off the relationship."

Sylvie. That was her name. I smiled to myself.

"Mate, I just think she's cool. She stood out to me out of all the other girls here tonight. She's just someone to talk to right now."

I walked back. I saw Julia had just been over there. Shit. I hope she hadn't said anything. Sylvie looked a bit nervous. Sylvie. I really liked that name. It was different and pretty. 

I apologized for being away and her voice squeaked when she talked. Hahaha how cute I thought. I asked her her name so it wouldn't look weird that someone else had told me it. I wanted to dance with her so badly. I asked hoping her answer would be yes.

"Do you, um maybe want to dance?" My heart pounded.

She giggled. It was so cute.

"Well, I can at least try to dance!" She said with a smile.

I don't know why but I didn't want to dance with her from behind like how you would at a normal club. I grabbed her hand and dragged her out. She put her back against my stomach but I stopped her and turned her around. She looked confused. I took her hands and wrapped them around my neck. I put my hands on her waist. She laughed. Smiled and said,

"So this is how you want to dance?"

I nodded. I was at a loss of words. There was something about this girl. This time it was different.