Chapter Twenty-Nine

You slipped off your shoes before stepping inside the house following Kyo and Shigure into the the living room. You took a seat at the table right across from Shigure. Kyo laid down on the floor near the wall. He seemed to do that alot when he was bored or tired. He did it at your house too. You glanced around the house looking for Tohru and...Yuki.

"Find everything to your liking?" Shigure leaned an arm on the table laying his chin on his palm.

You nodded a bit caught off guard and flushed from the way he was looking at you.

"I can see why Yuki wanted to keep you a secret. I mean with such a pretty face..."

Okay...Shigure was begining to scare you. He was reminding of your brother but not in a good way.

"Thank you...I think."

"Don't encourage him." You looked over at Kyo who was sending a glare over at his cousin.

Shigure seem to not notice it. "Did you enjoy Yuki's Valentine's gifts?"

"Yes. The roses were beautiful and the teddy bear he got me was cute. I haven't tried the chocolates yet but I'm sure they'll be delicious." So you were lying. You were gonna burn those presents as soon got back home.

"Do tell is Yuki a good kisser?"

You flushed a pinkish color this time. "Wha-what?"

"Leave her alone."

"Tell me Kyo I hear you two had a secret friendship as well. Do I smell an affair?"

Just as Kyo was about to go off in anger induced tangent, Yuki stepped into the room and 'accidently' knocked Shigure in the head with a backpack he was carrying. The impact made his head hit the table as he cried anime tears. He mumbled something about violent teenagers.

You stiffened as soon as Yuki entered the room. He sat down next you and slipped an arm around your waist pulling you closer. Your eyes lowered at his show of affection in front of everyone. He could at least share you some last shreds of dignity...since you were an unwilling particpant in this whole 'relationship'.

Shigure rubbed the lump on his head but took notice of Yuki's actions. Aww...it was his first girlfriend. Of course it was rightful of him to call Ayame up to meet as soon Yuki said that he might invite her over. Good thing Ayame was upstairs with Tohru or he would have more bumps and bruises than this one.

Ayame...alone with Tohru. Maybe that wasn't such a...good thing. Anyway...

Kyo grimaced and closed his eyes. "Isn't it bad enough I caught you guys kissing? Jeez get a room."

"Such an outward display of love. It warms the heart and brings tears to my eyes. Little Yuki is growing into a man..."

Yuki ignored him and set his eyes on you. "Ignore my cousin. For all its worth he's lucky he's not in jail."

Shigure was a picture of innocence. "I don't know what you mean."

"It's alright really. He reminds of me of Seth."

"They're both a bunch of sick bastards." Kyo commented lightly.

You giggled sending a bright smile towards Kyo. Yuki's outside demeanor remained normal as if he were unaffected by it but inside he was furious. Her smile was for himself and no one else. His grip around you tightened putting you in slight discomfort.

Shigure pouted. "Am not. Who is Seth?"

"My/(name)'s older brother." You and Yuki both answer in unison. Yuki smiled finding it amusing and cute. You were too busy trying to devise a plan to pry his arm off your waist to notice.

"Well what do you know, Yuki has an older brother too."

"Really?" You looked up at Yuki feigning interest in the subject.

"..." Yuki didn't answer as his whole face had gone dark at the mention of his brother.