Things About Me - Tag A -Z

TAG A - Z

A - Aim

My aim in life is to be happy and not to make others too miserable. Ha, ha.

I would like to write a few more short stories and have them published by the Woman's Magazine who bought two of my stories in the (long distant) past.

I can't see this happening, as I spend all my spare time wattpadding and it is quite an addiction! Lol

B - Books I'm reading

I am reading Jeffery Archer's 'Sons of Fortune'. I have Ruth Rendells' last novel called 'Dark Corners' to read next and also Santa Montefiore's book called 'The Last Secret of the Deverills', which are both library books.

C - Chore I hate

I hate defrosting the freezer and I don't like cleaning out the fridge. It doesn't take long, but to do it properly I have to pull the whole fridge/freezer out from the wall and it is a fiddly, annoying job.

D - Dessert I like

Anything covered in chocolate (but not ants!). I absolute love yogurt and I eat a small tub every day and in fact I could eat more!

E - Essential start of day

A small amount of make up, tidy hair and ear rings. I only don't do this if I'm not feeling well, which isn't very often.

F - Favourite book

I think this has to be 'The Far Pavillions' by M. M. Kaye. It was full of adventure, romance and set in the exotic country of India. The way she writes captivated me completely and every word was breathtaking. But really I have a long list of authors whose books I regularly read.

My favourite children's book is 'The Secret Garden' by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

G - Gold or silver

I love both gold and silver. I have always worn a silver ring on my right hand. At the moment my ring finger on this hand has swollen so much with arthritis I can't wear any of my rings. This has upset me as I wear a ring every day and I now have a few rings which don't fit. I intend buying myself a silver ring which will fit when I get around to it! (Ha, ha. See my dusting poem).

H - Heart or brain

I have a brain the size of a pea or like poor old Winnie the Pooh, who calls himself a bear with little brain, or words to that effect. So it has to be heart for me every time. Anyway, common sense is far more important than brains as some very clever people have no common sense (so I've been told).

I - Instrument I play

I did learn the piano as a child. I think I could still play with simple sheet music. My father was a church organist, but did not pass his abilities onto my sister or myself although we can play a bit. His gift was natural and he could sit and play without music. My grand daughter, who is six, seems to have a talent for the keyboard, so perhaps she will follow in my dad's footsteps? It would be nice if she did.

J - Job Title

I am now retired. I was a secretary/administrator who answered the telephone and typed long, long, sometimes boring, documents. I now potter about, enjoying myself and wattpadding.

K - Kids

I have a son and a daughter, both in their thirties.

L - Living arrangements

I live with my husband of 42 years in a ground floor flat. We are very happy.

M - Most used phrase