I'm dealing with... Breakfast

Brent's P.O.V

Four days later...

"I can't believe it's only been three weeks, and in the course of that time, my world has changed in so many ways."

Dean shrugs from his position at the bar stool and I go back to scrambling the eggs in front of me, I hear Dean clear his throat though. "I can't imagine what you've been thinking, but hey... at least your arm and leg are doing better, and you got to spend time with Sam and me!"

Chuckling I smirk and flex my broken arm that is now in a flexible cast, "Yeah, the highlight of my life. How do you like your bacon Dean?"

Looking back at him he's already smirking, "Crispy, Sam likes it somewhat soft."

Nodding I start placing bacon slices on the griddle and shake off the small stings of pain from the splattering grease. "Speaking of Sam, he's not still sleeping is he?"

Dean shakes his head and rolls his eyes, "He's out on a jog, something about staying in shape while we take a "Vacation" and that it feels good."

Shrugging I nod, "He's not wrong, I would be jogging to if it weren't for my leg."

That's one part of me that isn't healing quite as quick, it's still in the hard cast. Dean groans and I smirk, I notice that the eggs are done and place the pan on a cool burner and shut that one off. Flipping the bacon that's on the griddle a few more times I finish them and place them on a plate with a sheet of paper towel on it. Setting it on the counter near the eggs I grab two plates from the cabinet and scoop out half of the eggs onto each plate and place the crispy bacon on one, and the softer bacon on the other. Setting Dean's in front of him I look up just as the front door opens and Sam steps in, wearing a pair of black jogging shorts and a white v-neck. Smirking I smack the bar-top, "Perfect timing Sam, come and eat."

Sam looks over at me and then towards the stairs, "I was gonna go.."

Shaking my head I smile, "Nope, you can take a shower after. Eat... before it gets cold."

He looks like he's gonna argue but I narrow my eyes and he sighs, smirking when he starts walking over I sigh. "I heard the two of you last night... I know that you're leaving today."

Sam sits down and sighs, "I'm sorry Brent... we just, in our line of work... Goodbyes aren't something we normally stick around for."

Nodding I shrug, a little bit of pain welling in my chest, but I force a smile on my face and start wiping down the counter. "Hey, it wasn't like I was expecting tears and sappy I'll miss you's, come on, I've known both of you for a total of three weeks. But... I don't know, what if something like this happens again and I need to get a hold of you, or... I don't know... you both need another small break cause things got a little too... ya know. You already told me about your Dad, and... well, you've already told me your fears that he might be..."

I clear my throat and sigh when I see the looks on their faces, "Well... what I'm saying is, is that even though you're leaving, you're always welcome back here."

They both smile and Dean nods, "Thanks... and don't worry, we'll give you our numbers in case something else happens, but we have to go. We've got another lead on our dad, an old friend called me before that conversation, and we have to go check it out."

Nodding I smile, "Of course... if I even knew who my Dad was I would be jumping at the opportunity to find him. Sooo... if you need help, research or anything... give me a call. I'm pretty smart, so maybe I can be your... I don't know, information gatherer."

Dean smiles and nods before shoveling more food into his mouth and I see Sam's mouth turn up in disgust. I smirk and shake my head before washing the pan I cooked the eggs with and the griddle. Frowning to myself when I think of them leaving, "Why am I not ready to say goodbye to them?"

Shaking my head I frown and turn my head slightly when Dean starts talking, "Brent, aren't you gonna eat anything?"

Shaking my head I smirk and turn slightly towards him. "Nah, I'm not that hungry, plus... I'll eat later anyway."

Nodding Dean smiles and continues scarfing down his eggs while Sam eats them like a normal person, I smirk when Lily jumps up onto the counter and nudges her face against Deans. Dean stops eating and smile before grabbing her and holding her to his chest, I look over at Sam who has a small smile on his face as he looks at Dean and my cat. "Ya know Dean... she's gonna miss you a lot. So you might wanna come back and visit whenever you can."

Dean looks up and nods, "Yeah... I think I'm gonna miss her too."

He holds my gaze for a second before looking down at Lily again and I look back at Sam who has a mischievous look in his eyes, like someone who knows your deepest secret. I narrow my eyes at him in a challenge and he smirks before going back to eating his food.