New Reunions?

(Markus^)

Nevelyn's POV***

I smile in agreement introducing my younger siblings looking at Simrin first, " This is Simrin Reaper, Logan Reaper, Liam Reaper, and Charlotte Reaper." I looked slowly toward the Queen again before answering her other question. "Our parents... our parents are gone. We won't be able to see them for a very long time."

She gasps bringing her hand up over her mouth. "I see. So you are orphans? Oh, well then this means you'll have to live with me." She says smiling again. "For I'm your grandmother. Which would all make you royal prince, and princesses? Where have you all been?" She questions sternly looking at us.

I didn't know what to say, I was so shocked; and why didn't I remember any of this since I had a photographic memory? Instead of responding I look to the window into the soft rain. In my absence from speaking Nathaniel started walking up to her explaining what happened to us. Speaking of what the humans did, made me very upset that usually ended with me causing a blackout throughout the whole city. Talking about the past is something I'm not very good at. I turn around walking over to Simrin and Harper.

They were talking to each other quietly, so I went over to Charlotte, Liam, and Logan where they were standing still. I crouched down saying "You guys can play quietly in the corner instead of standing here. It'll probably be more fun anyway." Both he and Liam didn't look so cheerful. When Liam looked at me with a whine showing on his face, I only waved them off.

Opposite the corner where the kids were now playing duck, duck, goose sat Markus and Even. My guess is that they were talking about different abilities.

The only one missing was Elias. He usually liked to keep to himself. He wasn't really the type to sit and mingle with people. I found him sitting on a windowsill. It was a fairly big windowsill so I plopped down on the right next to him.

After a few more minutes of silence, I finally spoke: "How are you holding up?" He looked genuinely surprised that I would ask that, I would have to ask that more often. He only nodded to keep the silence on his part, so I asked another.

"Do you think mom is ok?" As I said the last few words I felt a couple tears trickle down my face. I quickly wiped them away stealing my self to not do it again.

He looked at me still surprised and answered truthfully, "Honestly, no I don't." He never really ever gave much of an answer to anything. Not very sentimental either.

"That's what I think too," I replied. With Elias, you could never say a lot of stuff and expect a detailed answer or explanation back so what he said next caught me off guard.

"Don't cry Nevelyn, it's going to be ok. Mom and dad might not be so lucky, but, we are. And we are going to make them proud or gosh darn it die trying." He sounded like he had been holding that in for a while.

"Did you really just say 'gosh darn it'?" I say smiling. I laughed as he turned bright red before saying "Thanks for the pep talk Elias. I really appreciate it. His face went back to normal when he rolled his eyes and got up saying, "Well, since your laughing at me, I'll go hang out with Markus and Evan.

"To do that you'll have to talk to them," I say as he begins walking away from me anyway. "Whatever..." He says throwing his hands up in the air.

I look out of the window watching a light rainfall against the window, tracing different shapes to cure my boredom while I listened in on the conversation the Queen, Brandon, and Nathan were having. Nathan was talking about what the humans forced us to do while we were held, prisoner. I looked at my hand as it tightened into a fist, and I slowly forced it to open, still staring at it.