The Encounter

(Justin^)

Nevelyn's POV**

We had 30 seconds left until they came, and I was almost ready. "This will be fun," Harper remarked darkly causing Elias to roll his eyes at his triplet. They quickly step back and away from me. Smart move. Darkness was pooling around Elias in deep, pitch black tendrils. The same thing was happening to Harper as she lifted her arms up guiding the water around her, in brisk sweeping motions. The water was only pouring on her now. It sometimes scares me to see how well developed their powers are when we've been enslaved since the beginning of our lives.

I slowly began to relax, until I was reminded of Justin, my very first boyfriend; he was kind, tan, brown hair, and luscious chocolate brown eyes. You know, basic boyfriend material. He was also an Original but has no idea of his parents and can manipulate feelings. That is a big deal with the Humans, and they basically treat him like he's royal. I guess he is royal, but still...now that I think about it, did I actually feel anything for him? Or was it all fake?

I clench my hands in anger, before licking my finger putting it up into the sky. It was barely even in the air before the lightning struck me. I sighed with pleasure as the energy went through my body in a circuit over and over waiting for me to use it. I crack my knuckles (I know, I know, a nasty habit) allowing sparks to fly from the pops making me laugh.

After that fast little warm up, I slowly walk over to Elias to place my fingers on his cold temple. I felt nervous for a second, I've only done this once successfully. We both close our eyes as I transmit my electrical currents carefully over to his mind, forming a mind shield. He should be safe from Justin's fake emotions. I do the same to Harper and I'm finally ready for the battle. If this goes right, then we'll not need the guards or Markus and Nathaniel.

I was looking at the scars on my arm when I heard them coming. Snapping my head up, I narrow my eyes and breathe out "They're here." It was half a warning and a half reminder of what we were going to do. I growled when he stepped through the trees, though he didn't seem to notice as he saw me, smiling warmly saying my name in the sweet way that would make a grown woman swoon. "Nevelyn Darling."

I bare my teeth struggling to keep calm over my emotions. I could feel my heart beat faster when he came near my presence. "You're not welcome here! You're a cruel monster who took my parents away. I doubt I even meant anything to you, and even if I did, you mean nothing to me. Not anymore... Your worth dirt! I'll only warn you once. Leave now, and I promise you won't be harmed. Take your "Army" and go. Now!"

I couldn't even look at him. He hurt me so much! He could have come with us but he chose to betray us instead. He's just like the other humans. Instead, I turn my head looking at the ground taking an interest in the mud. Hearing no response I glance up to see that he wasn't looking at me but past my shoulders almost glaring. That was unusual, Justin wasn't really an angry type of person, more of the laid back and betrayal kind apparently.

Confused, I look over my shoulders to see the dark-haired guard. I really should learn some names. I could see this was pretty intense so I took a step to the side taking in this new type of information. His look swiveled back to me as I move. His eyes soften tremendously.

"Oh please, you can stop pretending that you actually care about me. It's stupid and annoying, I'm obviously not your "other half" or anything that has to do with you. You don't own me or my family!" I was shouting now, making the thunder crack directly over me. My emotions were starting to rocket.

A human with a wooden crossbow steps up to Justin speaking softly, "Nevelyn Reaper, you are hereby being taken into custody as an escapee along with your siblings. Please come willingly or we will have to force you. You broke over fifteen laws that result in a 200-year punishment in jail, ten whippings each and a fine of $3,000 over the destruction of the city of Takoma. The laws that were broken in exact order that were made were #5 drinking human blood, #108 destroying city property, #17 stealing food rations, #34 resisting arrest, #89 attacking guards, #1 attempting escape-" I cut him off by laughing.