Chapter 10: Spreading the Word

The picture above is Keelin

The picture above is Keelin... Without her glasses.

Ashton's P.O.V

School is over for today and currently I am walking home... And hiding away from Keelin. Like seriously!? I don't need any of this drama or extra weight on my back. Sure she likes me I get it but she didn't even let me get a chance to speak my mind. Well... I guess it's okay... She seems like a nice girl. 

Though I'm pretty sure it'll take me a very long time for me to actually develop feelings for her. 

I keep on walking home and start towards the direction of the woods. Until suddenly someone behind a tree grabbed my arm and pulled me towards them. 

"What-"

"Shhh!" The guy said to me. "Be quiet or she'll hear us."

"Zach? Why did you pull me behind this tree?" I ask him. 

"To warn you," he said to me. 

"About who?" I said to him. 

"You mean about whom?" He responds to me. 

"Okay," I say to him. "Whom?"

"First it's about Keelin," he said to me. 

"What about her?" I say to him as I raise my eyebrow. 

"She's not as nice of a girl as you may think she is," Zach tells me. "Sure she may seem nice at first but then... She turns cold blooded."

"How do you know that?" I ask him. "I don't think you can judge people just by-"

"I've dated her before," he says to me. "I know exactly how being with her is like. And just in a few months or maybe even weeks... She'll probably get clingy... And want to go to the next step."

"T-The next step?" I say to him. "She can't be in that big of a rush... Can she?"

"Trust me," he tells me. "That's what I thought at first too... But she has this really dark aura around her... So watch out."

"Okay..." I say to him. "Anything else you wanted to warn me about?"

"Watch out for the people who's skin is as cold as ice and whom hunt for red," he says to me. "I think you know what I mean."

Vampires

"How do you know about them?" I tell him. "You're just a human."

"I may seem that way... But I'm much worse," he tells me. "And it seems that you aren't human either... Show me your shoulder."

My eyes were basically wide open as I heard him say this. How does he know about them and about us? But he seems trustworthy enough... So I pull my shirt down a little more... And show him my mark.