Chapter 3: Uncovering Secrets

The picture above is the mark that the brown wolf had last time Noemy saw it

Noemy's P.O.V

I don't get it. 

Wolves were extinct in the southern part of Washington state years ago! 

And just a few moments ago I was face to face with a big brown wolf!...and it was awesome!!! But at the same time utterly terrifying! 

You see I'm a canine fanatic!... NO! I'm a WOLF fanatic!!! 

Every time I come across something with wolves or something that looks like a wolf like the Siberian husky. I go completely awed and mesmerized and probably hypnotized by their presence... Well that wasn't what I did I few moments ago. 

But still!!! That was the first time I met a wolf in real life! And that was my life long dream!... Though I wouldn't have exactly thought that there was a wolf in these parts of the city. I should go and do some research like the true nerd that I am!

I go inside my house and see that it is barely 8:55 p.m but what really gives me a heart attack is noticing that the house phone has one missed call... From my mom.

"Oh crap!" I say out loud. 

I then quickly organize the whole house so it looks like it has been cleaned. Well technically it was clean I just had to pick up the junk food from the T.V room from when me and Madi had watched Doctor Who a few hours ago. When I am all done and the place looks nearly spotless I rush over to the house phone and call my mom back.

"Hey mom," I say to her. "I see that you have called me earlier."

"Yes I have! Noemy Rodriguez!" My mom yells at me over the phone. "Where have you've been thirty minutes ago!"

At this moment like every teenage girl would've done... Well not every teenage girl. But still! I decided to lie just so I can save my own butt. But this doesn't mean I'm a liar, no sir! I'm a very honest person all the way! I just lie from time to time when it's absolutely necessary... Like right now. 

"I've been napping so I didn't hear the phone. And don't worry mom I got here back in time before anything bad happened," I say to her. 

Yeah like almost getting eaten by a huge wolf!... Though they wouldn't technically eat you... 

"Okay honey...," my mom says to me unsurely. "Did you clean the house?"

Now that's a question I can answer truthfully! 

"Yep!" I say to her. "It'll be like no one was here in the first place."

"Good!" My mom says to me. "Oh and you better take a shower and go to bed early cause tomorrow we are going to a birthday party!"

"Cool!" I say to her. "Who's birthday is it?"

"It's your cousin's America's party!" My mom says. "Tomorrow is her quinceñera and you're one of her damas!"