Paula?

too tired to proof read, but hey, it's a long chapter :-)
- - -

December 12th, 2016

"Heya Ness!"

I turn over and am met with Lucas. Wait, no...

"You like it?" She asks with a wide grin.

Paula's bangs are slicked back and up, kinda like Lucas' hair, but less extreme, I guess. I take in her question and actually consider the look. "It's nice," I smile back.

"What? What's so funny?" Paula perks up, anticipation very noticeable behind her voice.

"I just find it funny how that hairstyle looks cute on blondes-" I catch myself. "-likeyourself!"

She tilts her head and gives a half hearted smirk. "So you...like it, right?"

I nod a little to quickly. Fortunately she doesn't catch anything and walks off to one of her groups of friends.

Oh fuck, that was too close. Paula and Lucas are the only blondes sporting that look and if I- Oh god everyone would know...

Hold on, Paula just walk off to go talk to other friends? When does she ever do that? I guess I finally get to mess around with my friends...

We joke around about some stupid meme before the last bell rings.

Just as the bell rings Lucas comes speeding into the class.

It's crazy to think that him and Paula look so-

"Alright class, take out a history book from underneath your seat and open to page 375. I know, I don't usually have you take notes from the book but I have an emergency and so a sub will be taking over shortly."

Everyone sighs and reaches for the history books. Not long after, an old man walks in. His glasses are super thick and wears a lab coat. Who wears a lab coat to substi-

"This is Mr. Andonuts and he'll be here for the remainder of the week."

The week?! My head dives right into the book.

"Ness..." great. I look up at the door where my history teacher stands. "what have I told you about hats in the classroom." And with that she left.

I peek over my shoulder to see if the sub heard anything.

He did.

Even though I can barely make out his eyes through his fogged glasses, I know behind that glass is a look of disappointment.

I have a long week ahead of me.

- - -

Honors History is way too easy, I'm so confused as to how morons got into my class.

I look over to Ness. I didn't sit next to him today, I would have but Ana urged me not sit next or behind him; so here I am two seats in front in the next row. When Mr. Andonuts comes into vision I can't help but shake my head and look down.

I try again to get a glance at Ness but the person all the way in the back catches my eye. Who the fuck is copping my cowlick? The guy has pasty skin and an ugly primary red and yellow striped sweatshirt. Ha, he really thought he looked cute, I scoff in my head.

I roll my eyes and rest my gaze in Ness, but now my neck hurts and I can't even talk to him.

Wait, why don't I text Ness about it, that should be a great and subtle way for me to start a conversation with him, right? Aww, Ana would be so proud of me.