Chapter 10

Nikita POV

When I went inside Kenton's grandma's hospital room, she was watching tv. I knocked on the door and she looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back and I walked inside the room. "Come have a seat child,"his grandmother demanded. I sat on the hospital bed and I was ready for the worst. I should've known that Kenton told his grandma what I said.

"Look Ms. Washington I'm so sorry for what I said! I was just angry and fru-

"What made you that angry, to be out there. cussing and disrespecting my family like that child? "she asked.

"Family problems. My aunt has been lying to us and her daughter just...thinks she's grown. My Daddy, I barely even speak to him. My brother are in their own lil world. My momma, she's all I can trust right now! As for me, I'm stuck in the middle of it! It seems like every time I try to fix something, it breaks again,"I explained to her. She smiled at me and sat up in her bed. She brought her hand up to my face, and she rubbed my cheek in circles.

"Family, is important. It's something about family that...makes you who you are. You, are the apple of your family. I know that they keep biting you and chewing you up like your nothing. But as long as you've got the seeds, you'll grow back. My momma used to tell me that when I'd always feel sorry for myself. That's what I tell my knucklehead grandson to,"she said laughing. I laughed to and then she looked up and put her hand down slowly. "Baby, Why don't you go out that door and wait for him to get here. He said he'd be back. He's gonna forgive you in a heartbeat."

"How do you know? "

"You....and God saved me. He chose you to come and rescue me from harms way. Kenton, I always tell that boy to forgive the ones who helped you the most. And, you have,"she said. I nodded my head and I gave her a kiss on the cheek then I got up. I know I'm nervous but this is what she wants. I'm gonna make her smile. I walked outside the room and I walked farther down the hall and stood there for about 5 minutes. I thought he wasn't coming but sure enough he came with flowers in his hands. He looked at me for a second and the. shook his head about to walk past me.

"Wait...Kenton,"I said grabbing his arm. This dude is strong and I can't just feel his muscles. Anyways, he turned and faced me looking dead at me.

"What you want?"he asked with an attitude.

"To apologize. I'm sorry for all that I've said, I was just really mad. I still am but, I'll get over it of you can,"I said. He looked at me and I was biting my lip nervously. He still hadn't said anything. "Please, please, please. I'll do anything to make you forgive me. I can't go on like this...at least do it for your grandma,"I said. He looked at me for a moment and then let go of my grip.

"Only for my grandma and I'm serious,"he said sternly. I smiled at him and the gave him a big hug. Yesss! He hugged me back.

"Thank you. It won't happen again I swear. Don't be mad,"I said letting go.

"Yea it betta not Cuz if it do, you gone be right next door to my grandma's room," he said half joking and serious. I laughed at him and he chuckled.

"Okay. And you gone be in jail for half yo life,"I said back. He laughed and then shook his head. I laughed to and then we walked into his grandma's room. She was out like a light! She had the remote in her hand and her eyes was shut. "Maybe we should come back another time,"I whispered to him. He nodded his head and then placed the flowers on his grandmother's night stand. We walked out the room and we made our way out the hospital. He parked next to my car to.