Chapter 18

I
contemplated on whether or not if I should go into work today. The main reason was because I was still so upset at Ken for that stunt he pulled last night. I don't know if he was telling the truth or not. It's killing me because I'm not sure of what I should do. I wanted to go to work so that I could keep my distance from Ken. Last night gave me a different feeling that I did not like. It was like all trust that I had for him went out the door when I walked out. I'm really going to have to do some serious snooping if I want the truth.

"It's me and mines today,"Ken happily said kissing my cheek. I was sitting at the dining table drinking coffee.

"Maybe not anymore,"I mumbled but loud enough for him to hear me.

"What you mean?"Ken asked curiously. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Because Ken, I don't know if I want to be around you."

"You trippin', what's the issue now?"

"Nothing, I just don't want to clumped in this house with a cheater,"I explained. I could tell I was getting under his skin a little bit because his jaw clenched. He shook his head walking into the living room. I shrugged my shoulders sipping my coffee and scrolling through instagram.

I heard big footsteps jogging downstairs. I knew Ken was going someplace. Probable to go see some girl. I thought. Ken came into the kitchen, walking towards the counter to grab his keys. He picked up his keys then mumbled, "I'll be back later."

"Where you going? You going to go see that girl you called last night?"I asked trying to be petty.

"Why are you being petty? I told you the shit was a prank!"Kenton snapped walking over to me.

"How am I supposed to know that? You were really upset at me last night, cursing me out and then gone turn around and say 'ooh baby it was a prank'!"I was mocking his voice from last night. He smacked his lips looking dead at me. I looked away, making him sigh heavily.

"I'm not gone stand here and explain myself to you. You can sit here sounding dumb if you want to, but I'm out,"Kenton said sounding annoyed. I sat there with my arms folded across my chest. The door slammed making my jump a little. Maybe he was telling the truth. I thought to myself.

"Oh well."
_____________________________________

My mother sat across from me giving me advice. We were at Cheddar's waiting for our food. "Momma and then he left. He left! I just don't know what to believe."

"All I can say is, you can always tell when a man is lying,"my mother told me sipping her soda.

"How?"

"By his eyes. When a man has his eyes, focused on yours then he is telling the truth. I've been knowing that for a while now. But for now may low and have faith. When it gets worse just pray and hope for the best,"my mother explained. I nodded my head in understanding.

"You think he's cheating on me?"

"He is nice, caring and loving young man. If anything, cheating should be the last thing on your mind. Be careful Nikita, because once you accuse a man of cheating, he's going to turn around and do it."