Chapter 16

It was going on 5 o'clock and Ken and I had been here for a few hours. I mean damn, does it really take two hours to buy dinner? I was getting a bit uncomfortable knowing I had to face my father. During those two years, I would always plan what I would say to him. But now that the time is here, I feel like curling up into a ball. My father is very stubborn, and more hurtful with his words than his hands. When he called me a slut, it really got to me. I just hope he can accept me now, and we can move in with our dysfunctional lives.

"Kenton, it takes two hours to buy some fruit, juice, cereal, milk, a chicken box and bag of french fries?!"I mumbled annoyed. Kenton chuckled and grabbed my hand.

"Chill girl, they'll be here soon,"Kenton said. I shook my head and stood up walking over to the door. I stood to the side and looked out the window.

I can remember a lot of memories just looking outside. I remember how my childhood best friend, Paris was always here. Just thinking of her made my eyes watery. I miss that girl, and I donf know what happened to her. After our last conversation, I never spoke to her or seen her. Somehow, I felt it was all my fault. Everything is all of my fault, I realized. I realized that I tried so hard to be the perfect preacher's daughter, I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to be perfect. It backfired on me. It was a slap across the face.

"I'm so stupid,"I mumbled to myself. The tears started to stream down my face. I cried silently. I felt two pair of arms snake around my waist. I jumped a little, startled. I looked up and it was none other than Kenton.

"Now why would you say that?"He asked me. It seemed as if he was upset. I shrugged and kept looking out of the window. "You know why you said it, why are you being so fucking stubborn?"

"Because I am stupid, Kenton okay? For leaving for two fucking years, not calling or anything!-I have to make up for those lost years. Happy birthdays,-New Years!-...Thanksgiving and Christmas,"I mumbled those last two words. It just got to me. I was yelling at him because I was ashamed.

"You're not alone, baby. Nikita they hurt you too. And you have to stop blaming yourself over this. You supposed to be the happy queen that you are,"Kenton said making me smile.

"I'm just lost for words,"I responded.

"Shit, I didn't get that deep,"he playfully said. I smacked my teeth and started laughing. I turned to him hitting his arm.

"You know what I meant. I just can't believe all of this happened, all because I left. What if I had stayed? This shit wouldn't even be real,"I crossed my arms. 

"Oh my fault, did you kick yourself out the house? Maybe I bypassed that when you came to my house asking if you could crash at my place."

"...I know, I know. Okay, I hear you. It's not my fault and I shouldn't worry like this."

"Good, now give me a kiss,"He poked at his lips making me chuckle. I pecked his lips a couple of times and he let go. He kissed my forehead and pulled me into a hug. I layed my head on his chest, listening to his heart beat. It made me smile.

"It's gone be alright,"he whispered. I closed my eyes still I'm the moment. "The things you be doin' to a nigga." I laughed and he joined in.

"I love you so freaking much,"I whispered.

"I love you too, now move."