Chapter 4

Nikita POV

The moment that you thought you seen the light was actually complete darkness,

The moment that you thought was your time was someone else's.

But when you think about how far you have came, it was the best.

What I mean is, I really just don't want to look back because of the things I might regret.

I closed my journal and hid it back under my bed so no one could see it. I haven't talked to any of my family member except for Niko and Tony. I've talked to Paris, but Damien I haven't heard for over a week. I wish I could take back the night I went to the party. But actually, I'm happy. I got to express who I was, and I was happy about that.

When his name came across the screen on my phone, my heart was literally pounding 5 times harder than it already was. I picked up the phone, and I slowly slid the accept button to the left. I pit the phone up to my ear and took a big gulp, trying to calm myself.

"Hey..."he said.

"Hi. Are you okay?"I asked with concern.

"Yea, but I should be askin you the same question,"he said. I signed to myself and laid back on my bed.

"Things have been so rough. I always thought my daddy had some type of favor. I guess he just thinks he can rule over my life. When he actually wasn't apart of most of my life,"I said. I was so deep into my words that, I didn't realize that I just let it slip.

"Wait-woah what!?"he asked confused. Since I already let it slip I might as well let the truth reveal. I took a huge breath before speaking.

"It all started when I was 14, me my brothers, mom and my real dad...James. We were at the museum at the time when it all happened. He took me and Niko into this big room-and when I say big I mean BIG! It was beautiful and it kind of reminded me of my room. But much bigger. He said if we loved him..."I began to get nervous and teary eyed.

"Baby, let it out,"he said softly. I sniffed and then I exhaled again. Then the tears came.

"He said if we loved him...h-he would stop!-But of course we didn't know what he was talkin about! To make the long story short, my dad was a drug dealer. Je owed this guy over 1.3 million dollars for taking his stuff! It was to late..."I said w it h my voice trailing off. I wasn't fully done but I really didn't want to finish the rest because when I think about it more and more...I start to get angry.

"Come to find out before Paul became a pastor....he...he k-

"You ain't even gotta finish. That must've been some deep sh!t to go through. And I thought I was the worst. But look, I'm comin to pick you up and we gone finish this at my place,"he replied. I said okay and then we hung up.

I got up from my bed and took a quick shower since I had did earlier. I went through my closet and picked out something simple. High-waisted ripped jeans, a tight-fitted red shirt with crosses on it, and my red Jordan Glo's. With a gold necklace and matching bracelets to go with it, I had to admit I looked guud.

I put my hair up in a messy bun and grabbed all my stuff, then went downstairs. No one was down there so I was happy. About 10 minutes later, I heard a honk outside notifying me that Damien was here. I instantly jumped out my seat and ran out the door so I wouldn't get caught.